2011 exmark tt 48

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by crpdev1, May 11, 2013.

1. crpdev1

crpdev1 LawnSite Member

Hello all, new to this site. I have a 2011 exmark tt 48 that for some reason has a ticking sound when running, as well as wobbling sound when the blades are engaged. I have checked belts, pulleys and spindles but can't find the problem. any suggestions... thanks

2. Vecchio Lawn Care

Vecchio Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

Make sure your blades are not bent and also make sure they are balanced

3. crpdev1

crpdev1 LawnSite Member

brand new blades were put on this year, I can't figure out the ticking sound the machine makes when it is running (blades disengaged) it sounds like the 88 chevy I used to own..

4. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

Is the ticking through the entire throttle range? Can you isolate where the ticking is coming from?

5. crpdev1

crpdev1 LawnSite Member

JCbailey, I have not checked the idling range, it is definitely at full idle though. I took it back to the dealer who said it is probably the engine breaking it. They said to leave it with them for several days in July when everything slows down. I ran a belt drive bobcat for 10 years no problems, got caught up in the exmark hype.. miss my bobcat

6. gcbailey

gcbailey LawnSite Silver Member
    from WV

we run a few TT 48" and never at any point with the Kawasaki engine have we ever heard any "ticking"

7. crpdev1

crpdev1 LawnSite Member

Does anyone know how to reach the exmark company? I see threads on here where an online representative offers advice.. I would actually just like to sell the mower and go back to the bobcats, the exmark clumps way too much with the slightest moisture..

8. Exmark PR

Exmark PR Sponsor

Sorry to hear you are having challenges. You can contact our customer service team at 800.667.5296 and they help troubleshoot. Please be prepared to provide your model and serial number.