1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2011 F250 issues

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by matt10486, Feb 21, 2011.

1. matt10486

matt10486 LawnSite Member

Is anyone having transmission issues with their 2011 super duties? Mine just hit 1000 miles and it sometimes doesn't seem to know what gear to shift into., especially on hills. I look forward to seeing if anyone else is having an issue and what the dealer did.

2. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6

Let then reflash the computer
  3. matt10486

I just dropped it off. Was a little scared the other day, driving down a hill, not steep at all, truck went from 2nd to 4th skipped 3rd whole truck jerked i thought someone hit me.

I am also only getting 9mpg, could this be due to transmission issue?
  4. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

With my 2011, I had horrible mileage for the first while, but it did get better. I know that there was one transmission re-flash available (november ?) and that there are some reports of some deeper things that Ford is looking at with the tranny.

I'll be taking mine into the dealership before the season starts to get it re-flashed and am hoping that they solve this current issue before then as well.
  5. matt10486

Gas or diesel? I love the truck dont get me wrong, just when i bought it i was told how great the gas milage was going to be, and my 04 was getting 12-14mpg.
  6. bobw

bobw LawnSite Senior Member

I"m running gas. Had enough of finicky Ford diesels for a while. BTW... it's the same transmission for both engines....

Edited to add: The 6.2 gasser is giving me better mileage towing than my 05 6.0 diesel did
  7. matt10486

Oh ok, i asked gas or diesel in reference to gas mileage question.:hammerhead:
  8. John deer Z

John deer Z LawnSite Senior Member

What engine does it have in itGas or diesel ? What size?
  9. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

A computer reflash should fix it from what I have heard. I have 6000 miles and mine will occasionally gear hunt. It hasn't been bad enough for me to justify dealing with the stealership.

My mileage is excellent, but I did notice it went down several MPG when the weather got cold.
  10. mowerbrad

mowerbrad LawnSite Fanatic

I remember watching a "car and driver" video (or some company that does reviews) and they had mentioned that the Super Duty they tested always seemed to hunt for a gear and never liked to stay in one gear for long. I think they were doing towing tests when they mentioned this.

I'd be bringing that thing back to the dealer and let the reflash the computer. Its got a warranty, use it!