2011 Ford F150 V6 Ecoboost

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Capemay Eagle, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Capemay Eagle

Capemay Eagle LawnSite Bronze Member

Not to mention the 7.3, that was a heck of an engine.

2. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

Where was the Tundra in that up hill test?

3. bobcat_ron

bobcat_ron LawnSite Fanatic

Give me the Raptor F150 with an EcoBoost engine please.

4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i would wait a year to buy this engine and see how it holds up

5. Capemay Eagle

Is that a Ford Power Stroke in you Avatar? What happened to the Tundra? I am proud to see the change.

6. Capemay Eagle

The engine has been in production for a year or so in the Flex and Lincoln MKS. Seems to be just fine. Note it is the same engine with different components for the 150

7. GravelyGuy

GravelyGuy LawnSite Silver Member
    from Indiana

I traded it because I wanted a diesel. You aren't going to see me talk bad about it though. That truck was a hoss and it is still the best half ton. I had it overloaded the entire 41K I had it and it never complained.

8. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

I know this is an older thread but is relevant to my situation. I was debating getting the 3.7l or 5.0 in an 2011 f150 and had my eye on one I really wanted. It had the 3.7 v6. The truck is nice but with a larger landscape trailer I bought I'm feeling like I should have went with the 5.0. My gas milage with the 3.7 is not very good towing or not. And feeling your trailer behind you is something I was trying to get away from. I don't feel like moving up to a 250 but am in need of more power. And the wonderful folks at the truck dealership would gladly take my "new" truck with 2k on it and give me the one I want with the 5.0 for toooo much money. What to do.

Just had to vent.

9. 360ci

360ci LawnSite Senior Member

If you have the 3.73 gears (versus the base 3.55), you can always upgrade to 4.10's!

10. LibertyFarmLandscaping

LibertyFarmLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE TX

The 5.0 is only a 1k more add on. That doesn't seem like much difference on a 20k plus truck.