2011 mowing season pictures

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by flyingdutch16, Apr 14, 2011.

1. ZMAX

ZMAX LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

too bad we are getting pounded with rain again, going to be sloppy out there next week. PA is getting it worse than us though

2. flyingdutch16

flyingdutch16 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes i mowed two lawns today and half way trough the second it started pouring so i finished up with the mowing and went home and took a nice warm shower. Gonna fish up with the trimming tomorrow and with the other lawn.

Weird story btw. I come home yesterday and see that my neighbors lawn has been cut. Thats the lawn that i was supposed to cut today. So I email them aksing why their lawn was cut and if they still want me to cut this season. They told me that they werent home when the "pros" cut it so they will cancel their service and will let me cut. The same thing happend to another customer of mine. This little joke cost me 70 bucks this week :dizzy:

3. d_rich89

d_rich89 LawnSite Member

2nd mow of the year, lawn is only a year old after the house set for sale for 3 years!
    did some work to it last fall and this spring
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Chevy z71

Chevy z71 LawnSite Fanatic

What did you cut it with.

5. d_rich89

d_rich89 LawnSite Member

its a '11 troy build bronco, its a good mower, i used to have the jd l100 but it got stolen. only thing i have done to it was undid the reverse mow safety and undid the drl, only paid 800 for it, next year im looking at traiding it for the Colt XP Zero-Turn
    [​IMG]

6. flyingdutch16

damn that thing stripes nicely. I just put on the striping kit will have pictures up soon

7. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

somethings not right. i've never and i mean never seen a rider like that put down any stripes like that picture.

i use to own a rider like that and it never would stripe. no matter what i did, short of actually installing some sort of roller like the striping kits use.

8. d_rich89

d_rich89 LawnSite Member

[​IMG]
    this is me on my jd about 3 years ago and it had a striping roller behind it and didnt stripe as good as my troy bilt does. i mow on the highest setting, about 3.5 inches
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    thats what i used to have but it all got stolen

9. flyingdutch16

Here are the pics of my striping kit, will get better pics soon.

IMG_0335.jpg

IMG_0336.jpg

IMG_0337.jpg

10. d_rich89

d_rich89 LawnSite Member

have any pics of the stripes it makes? is that just angle iron chained up?