2011 outlook, where to spend money.

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by srl28, Jan 3, 2011.

1. snomaha

snomaha LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

Kudos to you for setting monthly goals - you are ahead of 50% of your competitors, if not more.

If everyone is putting out door hangers/newspaper/direct mail find something different. Different trumps status quo - why make yourself a commodity where low price wins? What differentiates your company? Easier said then done - right?

Just my 2 cents.
  2. srl28

srl28 LawnSite Bronze Member

Very true. Few people around here really advertise that much actually. 1 or two in the newspaper, occasionally you'll find something like a cheap flyer stuck in a mailbox but not that much going on around here in the way of decent advertising.
  3. walker-talker

walker-talker LawnSite Platinum Member
    from Midwest

I still think the search engines are a very under esimated tool in the lawn care industry. I can do some very popular keyword searches in my area and there is a pattern of who shows up. Seems like the same group of companies most of the time. Only two come up religously. I'm all over that.
  4. srl28

Would like to look into that as well. Need to figure out our website and then we can figure out our web presence. Currently we have the beginnings of a website but havent finished things up. Once thats done I will be interested in getting "top-o-the page listing" on google and what not. Curious as to what that costs
  5. gasracer

gasracer LawnSite Bronze Member

srl28 you are welcome to contact the people who did my website. Any referrals from lawnsite gets a 10% discount.
  6. shade tree landscaping

shade tree landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

SRL I have a company that I used in Hoboken that did Search Engine Optimization for my website. Easy to work with, not to expensive, big results. Don't waste time or money on newspaper. I did last year and got very little response. Response I got were all price shoppers!
  7. TheBetterDoorhanger

TheBetterDoorhanger Sponsor

It sounds like the one you worked with in Hoboken worked for you... we went through several & lots of money before we found a company that actually knew what they were doing. From experience I definitely advise people to find more than one reference for a search engine optimization company before you decide to build a business relationship with them.
  8. TheBetterDoorhanger

TheBetterDoorhanger Sponsor

Hey there - here is some pricing for direct mail post cards - FULL COLOR - 9"x6" gloss cover stock & includes saturation postage PLUS FREE CUSTOM GRAPHIC DESIGN SERVICES if you order 2500 or more. More quantity and size options are listed on our website.
    250 each - $173.25
    500 each - $220.00
    1,000 each - $350.00
    2,500 each - $700.00
    5,000 each - $1300.00

I am happy to walk you through each step so we can help you target your market & get the best return.

We also have great door hanger pricing with Band-It & Stick-It to keep them securely on the door and off the lawn - 1000 Door Hangers - 4.25 x 11 Full Color $99.00 or 5000 for $349 with FREE DESIGN & FREE SHIPPING!

Robin Christopherson
    Adeas Printing
    866-778-4254 ext.212
  9. srl28

Hi Robin,

I've been emailing Glenda in your office back and forth for the past week or so getting things setup. Shes been extrememly thorough and helpful with everything. Very knowledgeable.

Guys, if you are interested in doing any sort of postcards, flyers or doorhangers A'deas is the place to go!! Shopped it all around for a while now and they seem to have the best prices and by far the best service so far.