1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2011 Spring Flyer - What do you think?

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by clean_cut, Feb 6, 2011.

1. Cloud9Landscapes

Cloud9Landscapes LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ca

Leave out the ambitious teenager part and you have a great ad.
  2. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

I know everybody is saying "leave out the ambitious teenager part" but I'm not sure about that. I really don't want anybody to call thinking I'm running a full time business and when they call say "oh, you're only a kid". But then again, I don't want anybody to say, "I'm not calling him, he's only a kid". Oh decisions, decisions, decisions.
  3. Mike's Lawn Care

Mike's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Looks Great
  4. Mike's Lawn Care

Mike's Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Did You Ever Run Into People Thinking That You Where Throwing Trash Into There Yard? Did You Have Any Problems With The City With The Bag Deal, As Far As Telling You That You Could Do It. Or Any Other Problems With It As A Hole. I Have Always Wonder If That Would Help My Business Or Hurt It Because Of The Throwing It With A Bag And Bird Seed Or Whatever Is In The Bag. However With That I Can See That You Could Cover A Large Area In Little Time And Say Time. I Have Past Out Fliers For Years And Only Do Like 2000 At The Most But Am Looking For Different Ways.
  5. JFGauvreau

JFGauvreau LawnSite Bronze Member

that's very good, hopefully they can make some for Canadians :p
  6. clean_cut

clean_cut LawnSite Bronze Member

Anybody have any more input on this?
  7. JShe8918

JShe8918 LawnSite Senior Member

Wow! I almost went cross eyed trying to read this! SO MANY CAPS! Haha.

I am in the same type of situation, however i would leave the ambitious teenager part off as well. I am only 21 and i still have people that look at me and deny my request to place a bid on large commercial accounts and some resi accounts to because they have the outlook that a person under 30 isn't capable nor dependable. It doesn't matter how good of work you do you will have those people. I personally wouldn't call someone that said they were an ambitious teenager. Normally when people brag on themselves in my area they aren't really that good at what they are bragging about. Basically what i am saying is down stereotype yourself. Another thing is that you shouldn't put you do work as good as someone or equal to someone. You should always put in 1st person " we strive to be the best" or if it is from 3rd person
    "he does some of the best quality work we have seen". Just some ideas. Best of luck to you this season

Oh and i am curious are you going to mail them or are you going to go door knocking and hand them out?
  8. DavidNJ

DavidNJ LawnSite Senior Member

Teenager with 5 years experience? He started at 14 or younger? What insurance does he carry? How is he licensed? How did he get his equipment to the job without a driver's license? Where did he learn what he knows? Is he old enough to rent equipment?

I'd probably ignore it.
  9. eco.lawns

eco.lawns LawnSite Member

Def take out the ambitious teen part. walk, talk, and act like an adult and people will respect that more. Good luck with the fliers they look good on the front
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. ponyboy

ponyboy LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ny

I don't like the puncture green grass green trees green bushes can u find one that has some colorful flowers and then add that to your services seasonal color up with annuals
    Posted via Mobile Device