2012-13 f150 with 3.5 ecoboost?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by RSK Property Maintenance, May 7, 2013.

1. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

for 12,000 of the sticker i'll fly down to nc and drive the truck home. that sounds like a deal to me, 38,000 for a fully loaded f150 with the ecoboost. I would do that as soon as im ready to buy another truck....but this year i have already bought two new trailers, a new back pack, and other misc. stuff, so maybe around the fall time i'll be ready to commit to a truck, gotta see how my year goes. I want one now, but refuse to over extend myself so, i gotta relax with my spending until september, and just work and save.

2. fritowrdo

fritowrdo LawnSite Fanatic

2012 F150 EcoBoost Crew Cab 5.5 ft box here.

Mostly used to drive myself and my family around.

But can tow a 5'x'10' trailer loaded along with bed loaded and get 20 mpg using premium going 55-60. Drops to 19 going 60-65.

3. mountainjogger

mountainjogger LawnSite Member

Purchased an eco boost xlt crew cab shortly after they they first came out and have over two years and about 45k on her. I have not regretted it once.

Got 180k+ out of f150 with small v-8 but wanted something and when she started nickel and diming me I wanted to replace her with something that got better mileage. And the eco boost has been great on on the mileage.

Live on a farm but most of my driving is highway without tow for my day job. On weekends I tow about a ton on a trailer that weighs about 1500 lb and the ecobost mileage drops down a little.

The truck handles like a dream.

I usually drive defensively, but if someone with a tricked out Chevy or Dodge gets on my bumper, and acts like an idiot, I tap on the gas. Turbo kicks in, picks you up and throws you back against your seat. And the guy who was on my tail is history.

A little buying tip. Call ford and email them and tell them you are in the market and want the brochure with the coupon. They sent me another $750 off after best deal with dealer.

4. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

No Ecoboost MPG computations?

5. mountainjogger

mountainjogger LawnSite Member

Cruise control set at 75 on 2-3 hour trips with two adults and another two adults worth of weight in baggage and mountain bike in bed, 21.5 miles per gallon. Not bad for a 4x4 crew cab.

6. ShaneysLawnCare

ShaneysLawnCare LawnSite Member

My next personal vehicle will be the 13 Platinum F150 with the Eco boost, Right now I have a 11 F150 with the 5.0 in it which is my personal vehicle and when I drive that I see 18-19 and when I occasionally use it for mowing I see 11-12 with 2 zero turns with baggers and a 18' trailer My normal mowing truck switches between my 05 F350 6.0 and my 2010 F350 6.4
    But I am not hesitant at all on the Eco F150 unless the rumor for the 2014-2015 3.2L powerstroke F150 is true!!!!

7. RSK Property Maintenance

RSK Property Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member

good to hear some nice things about the f150 with the ecoboost. and the rumors of a 3.2 powerstroke can't be too far off, because cummins is putting a diesel into a 1/2 ton truck really soon or its already in production I can't remember.

8. ShaneysLawnCare

ShaneysLawnCare LawnSite Member

There is a 5.0 V-8 Cummins going into the new Nissan Titan, and Dodge has some off brand diesel going in there 2014 1500

9. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

My father bought a load lariat one it sucks on gas Pulled a 12 ft trailer and hauled 2 72'' DC from St Louis and only got 9-10 out of it that's running I 70 interstate That's pulling out of overdrive
    His empty does get 20 out of it
    His Powerstoke gets better towing then his 3.5 ECO boost
    Even my 5.4 gets better towing

10. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

I believe I read that the 3 liter diesel going into the Ram 1500 is Italian.