1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2012 Exmark 60" S Series DEMO??

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by DirtDiver, Feb 21, 2013.

1. DirtDiver

DirtDiver LawnSite Member

Hi. I found this mower (27HP Kohler) with 40 hours. Price is $7600.

I'm going to check it out, but it's a couple hours away. But, it seems like a great deal.

What do you think? It's a demo but still sold as new and covered under full warranty.

Thank you.
  2. DirtDiver

Risks with a demo, or should I be good since it's covered under warranty? I'd be saving a good chunk of $$$ with this.

3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

If you got pictures we can help you better:waving:
  4. DirtDiver

I've attached some pics here. It's a big trip to get over to see it, so I'm trying to check things out as much as possible ahead of time.

But, it's a dealer/demo with low hours, low price. Demos OK? Not sure what to be concerned about, how much can they be beat on.

5. Mowerboy04

Mowerboy04 LawnSite Bronze Member

all 3 of my mowers ive bought have been demos with over 100 hours when i got them. When i bought them my dealer went though them changed oil washed them up nice and checked them over. Knock on wood havnt had any problems with them in over 1000 hours of run time.
  6. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

I would say yeah it would be a deal if it was an X-series but its not. I wouldnt buy it. That about what they cost brand new. I would be looking at SCAGS if I were you. Better built and better cut
  7. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

most demo's ive seen come with a full warranty i almost bought a demo X series last year
  8. banjo

banjo LawnSite Member

Appears to be in good condition, is that a good price i dont know the prices over there. One thing it doesn't have a suspension seat or a deck lift stand both things i consider essential. I guess you could get by without the stand on reflection but not that seat, a short demo and you will see what i mean. cheers ,Ross
  9. DirtDiver

Thanks for the feedback, everybody.

StihlBR600 - I'm wondering about your comments. The new S is over 9K. Thew new E (larger tires, new pumps) is mid-8K. I can't find an X anywhere near this price. From what I've seen, this is the absolute best price that I've found on a new one. Should I keep looking?
  10. ztman

ztman LawnSite Bronze Member

When I was looking for mowers last year, I am recalling the s series were around $8,400. Call Kerrys in Mechaniscsburg Pa and ask them. The should be about an hour and a half away from you. They had the best prices of any dealer around here