2012 F-550 or Ram 5500?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ClassicLawnCareInc, Sep 17, 2012.

1. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Very well said Clipper. I bought my 3500 on 8/29/11 as of today i have 29545 trouble free miles. [​IMG]
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. ClippersLC

ClippersLC LawnSite Member

Kajun, you bought yours 4 days after me. i got mine on 8-25-11. had 13 miles on it when i signed the papers and drove it off the lot. great minds think alike :waving:

3. ClassicLawnCareInc

ClassicLawnCareInc LawnSite Senior Member

I do like my 2500 and 3500, but is there alot different on the 5500's? I know there's not many around here.

4. ClippersLC

ClippersLC LawnSite Member

Engine and tranny is the same, just more suspension. More leaf springs and bigger tires, basically. My 3500 has the 4500 suspension under it, plus airbag overloads so its technically a 5500 lol
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Do a search for Kellys Landscaping. He has a 4500 & 5500 i think.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Also remember the chassis cab have alot less hp then the pick ups in all three . One big deal breaker for me is the lighter axle on the pick ups from dodge. Alot of tow truck guys around here went to Dodges after having 6.0 and 6.4 trucks, they are now back to buying Fords. Its a crap shoot any way you look at it. What type of body are you looking to put on it ?

7. ClassicLawnCareInc

either way Id have a 12' landscape dump put on it.

8. Marek

9. ClassicLawnCareInc

Ha I actually had 2 snowplows put on by these guys, they were great lol

10. Marek

They are building a really nice body for the landscape guys about the best I have seen. You bought from the guys in Boonsboro ? or the guys in northern VA ?