2012 F-550 or Ram 5500?

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by ClassicLawnCareInc, Sep 17, 2012.

1. ClassicLawnCareInc

ClassicLawnCareInc LawnSite Senior Member

Yup same here no close dealers for major service work.

2. ClassicLawnCareInc

Well I went with the F-550. They ended up doing everything for me. They are taking the body off their truck, taking the truck to my body shop, and letting me use my truck until the new truck is done. I went with a 2012 F-550 crew cab 4x4 6.7 diesel. payload plus package, 19500 gvw. For the body we are having a 12' aluminum dump body custom made for us. Itll have 48 inch sides.

Ill post pics when it gets done in about 2 weeks.

3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

Sweeeeet.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. ClassicLawnCareInc

Yup Yup yup yup

5. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Who did you buy it from , and who is doing the body ? I had one of the guys pick up our new 12 last night and I drove it some today. Really like it ! Eby did a nice job on the bed

DSC_0042 (800x536).jpg

6. ClassicLawnCareInc

Nice truck I like that. Iended up going with Preston Ford here on the shore for the truck and Meadows Hydraulics for the body. Preston beat Mike by about 1800 bucks plus with Preston I dont have to go anywhere, they are taking my new truck to meadows and bringing it to me when done I just keep on driving my old one until its done. Mike was great though gave me a ton of info and when I let him know I wasnt using him he was still cool about it.

7. Marek

Marek LawnSite Bronze Member

Classic , hows the new truck coming along ? Are you ready for the storm ?