1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

2012 Ferris 32 Hydro-cut reveiw!!! (Pictures)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by THIESSENS TLC, May 13, 2012.

1. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

I don't have any properties with slopes. So this mower Is perfect for what I need it for.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. THIESSENS TLC

I would love one, but just don't want to spend the money for one yard. I ordered mulching blades last week and the dealer is trying to find a price for an OCDC (trimmer trap).
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. THIESSENS TLC

Ya most of the properties I cut have gates. It does suck cutting that yard with the 22...oh well
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. THIESSENS TLC

Posted via Mobile Device

5. THIESSENS TLC

$3900 out the door.
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Between the cost of the blades,ocdc and your time your most of the way there. But I hear ya. I know i cringed when I dropped the cash on an accelerator. Some guys I know who are audio contractors always preach , "buy one cry once". :drinkup:

7. THIESSENS TLC

Lol there's lots of gardens I have to cut around and would like to be able to control some of the clippings. And with the mulching blades I'm hoping there won't be as much. How much was your accelerator?
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. THIESSENS TLC

Oh, I'm sure someone here knows how to reply to 5 people at once, instead of replying separately. Help pls!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. TriCountyLawn

TriCountyLawn LawnSite Bronze Member

I got my catcher in 06' and if I remember right it was in the 350-450 range. I remember thinking "this better be worth it" to myself. Having used toro and exmark cloth catchers before I wasnt let down at all.

10. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

I'm a huge Ferris fan, but those stripes suck. Are your RPM's good? Is there a stripe kit for this machine? I really want to but a Ferris WB, but if it ain't ICD, it ain't striping.