2012 Ferris 32 Hydro-cut reveiw!!! (Pictures)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by THIESSENS TLC, May 13, 2012.

1. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Look in the lower right corner of every post.
    Just to the right of the "QUOTE" button is a "Multi-Quote" button. (hover over it and it will show you what it is)

Click on that button for each post you want to reply to in one post, THEN hit the "Post Reply" button.

You can then click to place the cursor below each person's quoted text to reply to the individual quotes, or just type under all of them at the bottom.

2. frotis

frotis LawnSite Senior Member

Did it come with that oil drain hose? I may order one for my eXmark since its threaded for the Kawasaki engine block.

3. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

Im not a big fan of the stripes either, but im really not too worried about. The rpms i believe would be factory set, no? I thought about getting an hour meter with the setting that displays rpms, but that costs more too!:cry:

thanks alot oaknut!

Ya it came with it. i think its pretty cool and is going to save me tons of time and of course spills. if it didnt come with one, i would've rigged something up!

way too much for 1 lawn! if all my clients wanted their grass bagged, it would be a different story.

4. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Interesting. You don't see it. You could have taken 5 seconds and knocked that grass down in the horseshoe pit. I'm just saying.

Now you need to put brakes on your new Ferris SD.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. THIESSENS TLC

ahhh yes the weeds! good eye. well, now i know who i can turn too for questions. assuming you have a hydro-cut as well. How come you put brakes on it?

6. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I wanted to use a Velke behind it and it just generally makes it a whole lot easier to use, especially on hill sides. BTW, I disconnected the thumb safeties. I found that it was literally wearing my thumbs out holding down on the safeties the whole time. I don't know if they still use them but it was a really stupid idea. If you have a problem in the future with the mower acting like it's running out of gas when the tank is half full, you may need to do this mod.

[​IMG]

http://www.lawnsite.com/showpost.php?p=4417761&postcount=2

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  7. THIESSENS TLC

is it hard to steer with a SD & a velke?

8. THIESSENS TLC

So heres the hour meters I got today. One on the right was $25 and the one on the left was $65. Guy at the counter says the cheap one isnt waterproof & if it quits on me in a week...thats it! The good one is going on the bike because it is waterproof and has a couple settings, and it has a battery that can be replaced too.http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=249146&stc=1&d=1337822997

010.jpg

9. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

I'd be surprised if the inexpensive one isn't waterproof.
    That's just a re-branded SenDEC - I've seen at least three different brands of the exact same unit. I wouldn't be too concerned.

The replaceable battery - now that's a nice option.

10. THIESSENS TLC

Hey Oaknut, dealer got back to me today with a price for a OCDC. $239+freight which he said was about $50. Way too much!!! I will be making one instead! :dizzy: