2012 Ferris 32 Hydro-cut reveiw!!! (Pictures)

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by THIESSENS TLC, May 13, 2012.

1. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

The only part that doesn't look professional is the bracket attached to the handle bars. I do quite a bit of fabbing myself and some of this stuff can be hard to make look right, but I really think you can do better than that. Otherwise, it really looks excellent!

2. THIESSENS TLC

THIESSENS TLC LawnSite Senior Member

i know you can always make things look better. So what would you suggest?

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

You could probably make it much smaller by using heavier gauge steel. And then once you get the size and look you can weld it to the handlebar and paint it to match. Like I said, the construction and the rest of it looks very pro. It just needs a touch of fine tuning on that bracket.

:usflag:

4. THIESSENS TLC

i could've performed more welding to this set-up, but really wanted to be able to remove it if needed.

5. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Just cut off the excess on those U bolts. Done.

How much more "professional" does it need to look?
    It's not like the mower say "CRAFTSMAN" on the side. Nobody is going to see it, or care.

Nice work on that flap!

6. THIESSENS TLC

thanks oaknut! hows the mulch kit workin for ya?

7. OakNut

I'll let you know if our grass ever starts to grow again.

8. THIESSENS TLC

i hear ya, no rain in the forecast all week and all the lawns are already brown and dried up. im guessing a few more weeks before the lawns bounce back to life....thats if we get rain. never seen it this bad before. i stopped cutting last week. skipping the next 2 weeks forsure.

9. THIESSENS TLC

Well, blew out the belt today. It was my fault though...had the e-brake on and then engaged the blades...oops! $53 for a new belt! Ouch!!!!
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. OakNut

Heh. I had never done that with my dual hydro until today. Stalled it QUICK.
    First thing I though of was this thread. I looked at the belts, gave them a tug, and all looked good. Tried restarting and was good to go.

Whew!