1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2012 Hourly Rates

Discussion in 'Business Operations' started by sparcolawn, Apr 9, 2012.

1. sparcolawn

sparcolawn LawnSite Member
    from IN

For those of you that do Hourly work sometimes, what are you charging for your various hourly rates? We Range from $50-110 an hour depending on the people and equipment.
  2. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

are midgets at the low end and giants on the tall end?
  3. Brown & Co.

Brown & Co. LawnSite Member

$28.99 is our minimum...Average is about $60...and Specialize/Licensed Rates Top out at $120.
  4. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

75.00 for all services
  5. DA Quality Lawn & YS

DA Quality Lawn & YS LawnSite Fanatic

Everything went to $40/hr here....but I am solo with little overhead bigger ops must charge more I understand that.
  6. Efficiency

Efficiency LawnSite Bronze Member
    from zone 6

not true. The bigger they get, the cheaper they get. Brickman mows for mid $20s here. We are doing all we can to hold to the low $30s for maintenance work.
  7. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

I think the over head all depends on the equipment, and how efficient the worker is. A guy this spring complained that I charged 20 a hour for raking out his flower beds lol I am trying to be in the 40-60 range. Most guys in my area are 40 or less. I do not understand how they can do it when their gas mower suck 2-3 gallons a hour. Thats $8-$12 a hour in fuel. My diesels suck 1 a hour at the most. I know this is the best year I have had so far. More lawns in the same area so less fuel cost all around. I can see 60+ in more urban area's though. My prices change according to the skill and equipment level.
  8. meets1

meets1 LawnSite Gold Member

$40 lawncare stuff - pruning, clean ups, etc. Mowing $20 on to $1000 / mow Spray fert is / aq ft. Landscape installs $50 and up. Some are just time n materials
  9. dmk395

dmk395 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ma

I don't bill hourly but shoot for 50+