1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2012 Lazer Z x with EFI Kohler

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sgrenier24, Apr 4, 2012.

1. sgrenier24

sgrenier24 LawnSite Member

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a 2012 Lazer Z x with a 60" deck and 29hp Fuel injected Kohler and want some feedback on the engine. It will be my first Kohler as all my Exmarks thus far have been Kawi powered. I have had good luck with the Kawasaki engines.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  2. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

The kohler efi are awesome tried and true engines. True efi
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. 944own

944own LawnSite Bronze Member

Id stick with what you know and get the kawi. I have the same mower with the kawi and get 1.4gph regardless of what im cutting. Anyway you will like the mower.
  4. bln

bln LawnSite Senior Member

I have a 28 kohler efi pushing 4,000 hours and it starts righ up and runs all day no problem. Maintenance is the key.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  5. sgrenier24

Thanks for your input.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. chariot

chariot LawnSite Senior Member

I've got the older 26 kohler efi and more than pleased. Right at 3500 hours and never want a carb engine again. Burning right at 1 gph! I've not experienced the new efi but I'd imagine you would be pleasantly surprised!

JABBERS LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

I too have the older 26 efi got it the first year they offered it. Great engine I have 2000 hrs and going strong. I run synthetic mobile 1 oil in mine right after the break in oil.
  8. sgrenier24

Looked at them today and went over it pretty well with the local dealer. Now I just have to check prices with a few more dealers as they don't seem to want to budge at all on the price except for the $500 rebate from Kohler on the efi equipped models.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  9. pvbooner

pvbooner LawnSite Member
    from indiana

We have always had very good luck with kohler however we have never had the efi ones before. Just got a 34 kohler on a 72" cheetah this year and am getting around 1.5 gph with plenty of power which is not bad considering I am turning a 72 inch deck.

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

What dealer you going to?

I bought a new lazer last year with the 29 kohler efi and love it, I will be buying efi from here on out when i buy new mowers, The fuel savings is huge compaired to my 28 kawi on my 08 lazer.