Lawn Care Forum banner

2012 mowing setup SUND LAWNCARE

26K views 69 replies 15 participants last post by  Green-Man 
#1 ·
2012 mowing setup. 3rd year and growing. Hoping i can pick up enough lawns to hire someone this year. I really struggled in the beginning of the year. but it did pay off. 40,000 flyers go out for the next 4 weeks plus about 50 yard signs, so this may be the calm before the storm. everything is washed, waxed, and ready to go. Oh but i'm still missing the trailer. having one built right know now hoping to pick up in a day or two

60'' Dixie Chopper
52'' Toro Grandstand
32'' Ferris Hydrocut

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Mower Automotive tire Toy

See less See more
#3 ·
very nice how do you like your dixie chopper
could use a few more hp. but overall i love it plan on buying another one this year. spring time you have to go slow but rest of the year just fine.

#5 ·
#7 ·
i see you have cho trimmers in your sig how do you like them
i like them, they are the only trimmers i have ever used. i like the fact you can stop at any home depot and get the regular maintenance stuff for them. instead of going to the dealer thats 30 minutes away. i run only 93 octane in them and i noticed a difference in them real fast (only shell or costco gas 93)

#9 ·
2004 Ford F150 and more pictures to come

Wheel Tire Automotive parking light Vehicle Car

#10 ·
picture of shop. portable work bench with blades sharpener, welder, and vise. and equipment waiting for trailer

Building Sky Tree Shade House

Table Gas Wood Folding table Machine

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Tread

#12 ·
Every thing looks good gota love the chopper! Good luck this year!

#13 ·
#14 ·
Every thing looks good gota love the chopper! Good luck this year!
2002 the only thing i didn't like was the tires. i swapped them out for turf tires

#15 ·
18'' BlueBird aerator, all my trimmers and blowers and 2 push mowers
21'' Honda HRX217
21'' Honda HRT216
Echo trimmers
Echo blowers
John Deere trimmer/hedger/pole saw/edger

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Toy Plant

Plant Grass Machine Tree Electric blue

Vertebrate Organism Asphalt Grass Automotive tire

Wheel Tire Plant Toy Automotive tire

#18 ·
Nice setup. Looks like your shop has plenty of room and i like your blade sharpening station.

What size is your shop?
its 40'x35' 1400sqft last year i could park my truck with a 12' trailer on it on one side without disconnecting it. i will get i will measure it later. the sharpener i wanted to be able to move around, like if it nice out i wheel it to the door and sharpen outside, them i can also blow everything off after im done.
hoping to get another rig if this year goes well.

#19 ·
pictures of my concrete saw, new catcher for walk behind (hopefully i wont have to use it much) and truck signs alittle small but have a nice 4' for the trailer.

Motor vehicle Automotive design Wood Gas Auto part

Wheel Tire Gas Motor vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Plant

#21 ·
i really really love it. i use it on 90% of my yards and only use my dixie on my 3acre plus yards, if it was faster i would get rid of the dixie. i've only used the 52'' and holds hills like a billy goat i've heard the 40'' and 36 don't hold hills that well, i've had a everide, great dane, john deere, wright, gravey 52''-54'' standers and have to say the toro is the best overall and exmark would be the same.

#24 ·
i've had a 19hp on a great dane 52'' and cut fine in the summer, but seemed to struggle alittle in the spring. 23hp seems to work great. does great in the spring. and mulches leaves great in the fall

#26 ·
me two truck seems to handle whatever to throw at it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.