2012 mowing setup SUND LAWNCARE

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by stonebridge, Mar 7, 2012.

1. stonebridge

stonebridge LawnSite Senior Member

more pictures of my scag vride. it may just be 2 fast

my scag.jpg

my scag1.jpg

my scag 2.jpg

2. S-205

S-205 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Ontario

I love V-rides! Tell me the pro's and con's of it that you've noticed so far. I would really like to get one, I love my Tiger Cat. It would be nice to save a little space in my trailer. Whats the overall length like compared to a walk behind?

3. stonebridge

the only cons i found is that the gas tank could be bigger and i think the 2012 have a bigger tank already not a big deal, just would be a luxury for me. so they fixed that. and speed its alot i mean alot faster than my toro grandstand, i think it goes faster backwards than the toro did forward. its hard to stripe straight long lines at full speed, but with alittle practice i will get better and the con will become a pro. its right around 6' and i can put it side ways on the trailer if i had to. i love it the only major thing that bothered me with the mower was, that little extension flap on the platform overlaps the primary platform and has a little step up maybe 1/8'' hardly anything but im flatfooted and hurts after awhile. i cut a rubber horse mat and put it on the platform and all is fixed, you can see it in the picture its 3/4'' thick and adds some more cushion to your feet.

4. stonebridge

just picked this generator up at my work, brand new and $350 it was all mine. always wanted one just in case lost power last year for 4 days

generator.jpg

5. stonebridge

my very first riding mower 10 years ago. went back home and found it in my mother in laws garage. brought it back home cleaned it up. my 2 kids love it, they drive it around the yards all the time now.
    might be able to use it on a few lawn cleanup this year

murray riding mower.jpg

6. stonebridge

my almost done 36'' scag walk behind.

scag bagger11.jpg

scag bagger 22.jpg

7. stonebridge

just picked up another scag vride this one is a 48'' with 505 hours. sold the john deere 667 stander to buy this. i had 8 yards where i had to cut part with the 60'' and then had to use the 52'' to get to other areas i couldn't get the JD in.
    also picked up a 34'' simplicity pace with a 17.5 B&S. its only 2 years old and still has the first original tank of gas (need to change that) he powerwashed it and tore some of the decals off, but there isn't a scratch under the deck and the nubs are still on the tire tread, also has 2 striping kits on it (roller right behind deck and the mud flap behind rear tires). he figured it only had 5-10 hours on it, and i believe it. only have 2 lawns where i need the mower, so its good fit for me
    got it for $700 bucks
    52'' Scag V ride
    48'' Scag V ride
    34'' Simplicity Pace
    21'' Honda push mower
    should be a good 2013 season

scag v ride 52''.jpg

scag v ride 48''.jpg

3 mowers.jpg

simplicity pacer 34''.jpg

8. Blades Lawn Maintenance

Blades Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from Baton Rouge, La

that's the ONLY reason I did not like the V-Ride is b/c like you I have flat feet. I had the idea of putting a rubber mat to help cushion it a little so it's good to know thatthay helps with your feet. Now I may consider the v ride again... Looking forward to see how they cut up there

9. stonebridge

i even improve the rubber mat and added a cushion on top of that, its what the cashiers used to stand on at costco i just cut it to fit and its like standing on a mattress, real soft

10. Green-Man

Green-Man LawnSite Bronze Member

just came by this thread, but i do have to agree with you on the power chute it is so amazing and great to have, it is pricey but then again it is worth every penny!