2012 Season

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by ryan41, Dec 2, 2012.

1. ryan41

ryan41 LawnSite Senior Member

My first full legit season has now come to an end. I have learned & grown my company so much already. I thought i would start a picture thread to get some feedback (positive & negative). I did not start with the TOP of the line equipment due to the fact i didn't want to go to far into debt. I also don't have a lot of credit because i am only 20. My biggest weak point is my mower. I have been saving all year for a Gravely 252 ZTR and will be getting one in the spring! I wanted to learn more about this industry so i started taking classes at a trade school for Horticulture/Landscape. I will get a Technical Diploma out of it (1.5 years). When i finish that program i may also get some type of degree in business management. So far i really enjoy the program and i have been learning a lot.

Nursing Home Landscaping:

[​IMG]

2. ryan41

Nursing Home Landscaping (Front):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. ryan41

Nursing Home (front):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ryan41

Some pics of my equipment:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. LawnMan19

LawnMan19 LawnSite Gold Member

Looks pretty good, only thing is I don't like the blackjack edging I like the natural edge much better. Otherwise keep up the hard work man.

6. ryan41

Thanks! That was one of my biggest jobs i had this year. I learned A LOT from mistakes on this job. Overall i am pretty happy with how the nursing home turned out. A lot better than what it use to look like! I am not a huge fan of the plastic edging but that is what they wanted. (simple, low maintenance).

7. ClassicLawnCareInc

ClassicLawnCareInc LawnSite Senior Member

One suggestion, the weeds growing along the edge of the cement curb, if you trim them down with a weed eater it'll make it look 10x better. But congrats on your first full year, not everyone makes it.

8. College Cuts Lawn Care

College Cuts Lawn Care LawnSite Member

Nice job! Did you get the mulch delivered or did you get it yourself? How did you land a job like this? This was my 2nd year and I am roughly your age also. I want to try and move away from lawn care as my primary source of income and more into landscaping.

9. Greyst1

Greyst1 LawnSite Senior Member

Here's a bump for being so close to Alpine. One of my favorite amphitheater's

10. T Scapes

T Scapes LawnSite Bronze Member

congrats man im 20 too and just finished my first year as well. Youll learn alot of on here and find alot of people are our age doing well in the industry