2012 Toro Grandstand 36 inch

Discussion in 'Toro' started by StihlMechanic, Nov 23, 2011.

1. fobaum

fobaum LawnSite Senior Member

"No I have not been contacted yet??"

2. 810f250

810f250 LawnSite Member

I did a goggle search for "toro grandstand oil cooler" and this thread popped up, so I though I would add my .02.

I have a first generation grandstand 48, and its an occasional use mower, I am disappointed in the limited operating time it would take the hydraulic oil to expand to the point of overflowing, I know the excessive temps could not be good for the system. I was hoping by now there would have been an after market larger reservoir and or cooler. I can imagine the stress a unit is under when it gets operated almost continuously during a shift.

3. fobaum

Still need an hydro oil cooler for my 2011 60'' GS. sent email a couple of month ago no response :confused: (toro OP) Could you please help.
    Thanks,Forrest

4. 810f250

810f250 LawnSite Member

Hey , I am subscribed to this thread so I though I would update my findings, I switched from my dealer supplied oil AMBRA Multi G 134 to the Toro manual recommended Mobil 1 and I have seen some improvements in boil rates, I think if I had done a 100% complete flush there would be still improvements to be had.

5. fobaum

Well just wanna say I got the hydro cooler installed today. about 2 weeks the day after i posted above I got a call from Dave Roberson @ TORO and while he was talking w/ me he explained he had someone on the phone w/ my dealer and they would take care of everything . I must say TORO's costumer service is top notch They truly stand behind there equipment and that makes me even more proud to use Toro :usflag:

6. 810f250

810f250 LawnSite Member

Post some pics.

7. clayslandscape

clayslandscape LawnSite Senior Member

How much does the striping kit for a 36" GS run?

8. The Toro Company

The Toro Company LawnSite Senior Member

Please see your authorized Toro dealer for pricing information.

Thanks,
    The Toro Company

9. fobaum

Well I just bought a new 36'' (74534) GS yesterday , It had almost 8 hrs. on it they only had one in stock, so i bought it needless to say from the serial # 310000708 its a 2010 model not 2012 or 2013 My question is are there any differences from 2010 till now?? the things I don't like are the deck bounces hard and hits the height adjustment , also i don't like the speed control lever, gas cap doesn't have the string etc.. I wish I would have kept Dave's # from toro service. If you could please help it would be MUCH appreciated.
    Thanks ,Forrest

10. The Toro Company

The Toro Company LawnSite Senior Member

We hope this answers your question.

Warranty Differences
     Engine / 2 year
     Battery / 1 year
     Engine / 3 year
     Battery / 90 days parts & labor, remainder of 1 year is parts only
     Belts & Tires / 90 days
    Machine Differences from 2010 vs. 2013
     The ground speed control has been removed
     The brake arm has been lengthened to obtain a larger contact surface to the tire. Teeth have also been added
     The rear deck hanger chains have been removed from the design. They have been replaced with a rigid design.
     The rear struts have been removed from the chassis.