2012 Walker Super B Review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtmower, Apr 23, 2012.

1. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Too funny! (as long as your wife believes it right? :laugh:)

I know what you meant about the rear jumping up though. A couple of my neighbirs have Walkers and love to brag about them. I have seen them have to stop very fast out at the edge of the road to keep from running out in front of a car coming around the bend, and the rear comes up at least 6", maybe more. That would suck IMO.

2. mtmower

mtmower LawnSite Bronze Member

Well I had something happen today I have to say I was not expecting. I made someone, on lawn site, unhappy with the review I wrote here about the Walker Super B. It upset them enough they did some leg work and tracked down the dealer that was kind enough to allow me demo the unit and gave them an ear full about how I totally trashed Walker on this site. I was actually getting ready to call the dealer and ask him about the tire psi and give him a kind suggestion to check it before he allowed any other demos, but when I got to my house there was already a message from the dealer to call him. So I gave him a call and he says someone called him to see if I had demoed his unit and that I trashed it's reputation on LS. He said he has never and never will be on LS. I encouraged him to take a look and to also consider trying it as a free tool to promote his products as other dealers and product reps do. To say the least, he sounded very hurt and disgusted with what the caller told him I wrote about the Walker. This bothers me because I respect and like Vahn at Pennco Motor Sports in Kalispell MT 59901. If someone is need of a Walker, Yamaha, KTM, Tanaka or any other brand he carries I highly recommend him. He's always treated me well and fairly, he actually has exceeded my expectations for the most part as a dealer, especially in our area. I, in know way was trying to do him a disservice our effect him or his company in any negative way. Being a small town this will have a ripple effect and I hope that whoever had the need to do this is happy or at least got some satisfaction from doing this. I guess I'd also hope that other brand loyalists aren't so small as to go crying to someone due to the fact they're unhappy, insecure, or threatened about what someone else thinks about a product they may be using or own. Forums are a tool to give information to like minded or people with a common ground. If I wanted to hear what a dealer or a rep thinks of his product I'll ask him. If I want info on a product from people who actually use them to make a living and have experience with other products to compare them to, the forum is where I go. If I was unkind, unfair or just plain ignorant, about or to the product, that wasn't my intent, but why not let me know instead of calling the dealer there big man.
    By the way if you need to get in contact with me feel free to PM me. I don't think we need Vahn as a middle man.

3. GMLC

GMLC LawnSite Platinum Member

I'm sorry this happened to you brotha. This is suppose to be an honest forum and you wrote an honest review. Please don't let this affect your future reviews. A lot of manufacturers don't like to hear the truth I guess...I'm very disgusted at whoever did this and I really hope it wasn't Walker.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. JABBERS

JABBERS LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

Mtmower keep writing good honest reviews on equipment. Dont worry about it you did nothing wrong.

5. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

Its pretty hard to say this doesn't look good.

[​IMG]

6. BPS##

BPS## LawnSite Senior Member
    from WY

That was really really small of the person that did that.

I'm pretty brand loyal to Walker for sure but I realize that each person has their own favorite brand.
    Walker aint for you or at least that model isn't, that doesn't mean they aren't a good product. Over 200,000 units sold.... can't be that many people wrong.
    Many units go on to be sold and resold on the secondary market 2 or more times.
    Mine is an 02 north of 3000 hrs, still mows just like a new one. This is my 3rd one.

7. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

Sorry if I offended you bro since we have always gotten along here and I hope we continue to do so. I don't see any picture in your post. Just a small box with an X in it, but I gotta say, that doesn't look all that good to me:laugh:.

I am very familiar with Walker cuts. I have a few neighbors with Walkers, and they are all the single rear tailwheel type (I think one may have double taliwheels mounted together). I see their stripes everyday as I drive past, and I simply cannot stand the way it looks. That third tailwheel makes the ugliest stripes of any mower I have seen. The stripes simply look too busy and chopped up to me. I realize that it is just my opinion, but it is one I am not alone in I see from reading many other posts here on LS that agree with me. I have no probelm with the split tailwheel setup's stripes.

8. Ridin' Green

Male, from Michigan

There are always gutless turds on any forum, or possibly in this case just reading this forum. I am sorry for your troubles mtnmower. You simply wrote an informative review, and someone with grapenuts for cahones got all butthurt and had to cause you this unnecessary trouble. Just keep doing what you're doing. Anyone with an ounce of common sense knows you weren't trying to screw over your dealer, or put down Walker mowers.

9. mtmower

Appreciate it guys. I am trying out a Husqvarna PZ I picked up tonight. It's only a 54 with a 29 (old hp rating) but it will give me a feel and I'll ask the dealer if it's ok before I post anything. Wed. I have a Gravely 460 being brought in by the rep to demo as well.

10. mtmower

Another thought that came to me on lack of traction in some of my situations on very uneven surfaces like small banks or ditch areas. I wonder if the wide pivoting twin caster set up has a limitation stop to only pivot so far. If this were the case it could explain why I'd loose traction to one wheel.