2013 blow out thread

Discussion in 'Irrigation' started by irritation, Oct 30, 2013.

1. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

When doing many that are door to door, do you string hoses or wind up and move a little. I think customers would appreciate if you move.

2. Wet_Boots

Wet_Boots LawnSite Fanatic

Looks better if you move.

3. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

I usually do two at a time, then move.....having my helper drag the hose when we do. have many places we do a whole block at a time that way.

4. AI Inc

AI Inc LawnSite Fanatic

Park in the middle. While one guy is blowing that out the other guy drags a second hose to next house and pops boxes.

5. irritation

irritation LawnSite Gold Member

Sometimes they expect a discount, wind and move.

6. grassman177

grassman177 LawnSite Fanatic

I always utilize parking in the middle when possible, to save time and fuel.

7. R & R Yard Designs

R & R Yard Designs LawnSite Senior Member

Park in the middle and get two at the same time. But what sucks is that we are blowing out under the light of a flash light at 6pm its pitch black out. This bites.
    Posted via Mobile Device

8. mitchgo

mitchgo LawnSite Silver Member

I'm not sure what I hate more.. Starting in the pitch dark or finishing in the pitch dark.

Then I have 45min-hour of traffic to get home . ' The red river of break lights'

9. zman9119

zman9119 LawnSite Senior Member

Its all about the same right now... Dark start or dark end. Sucks either way (and still working right now doing paperwork for another few hours...)

The two things that are killing me is that we keep getting more and more repair \ install \ renovation work right now and our issues with our crappy cell phones this fall that make me want to stick the compressor hose off our 375 somewhere up our cell phone rep and jack the PSI up to 275, especially today after the BS he made me waste my time on and still not have our problems resolved due to their screw up. Back to smoke signals and carrier pigeons I guess...

10. DanaMac

DanaMac LawnSite Fanatic

Heck, we're almost done here already. Only about 16 left on the list, and we'll get some stragglers. I've already had cracked RPs, copper, bonnets/poppets, ball valves. Supposed to be about 18-20 overnight tonight. No more long days left for us, and honestly, it wasn't a hectic season with long days like usual. We had a lot of people get it done early.