2013 John Deere Stand-ons

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by andy'slawncare, Jan 21, 2013.

1. andy'slawncare

andy'slawncare LawnSite Member

2013 John Deere/ Wright Stand on mowers

John Deere had a model on display here in Minnesota at the Green Expo earlier this month. I like the layout of the machine and think it would fit nicely in our operation. Seeing if anyone has priced one out at a dealer? Any pro's or con's you could see with this mower?

2. maelawncare

maelawncare LawnSite Senior Member

I am adding one this year. Love the 60" version.

3. andy'slawncare

mae- Pm me on pricing you have recieved from your dealer.

4. ClassicLawnCareInc

ClassicLawnCareInc LawnSite Senior Member

These are the ones that are made by Wright but painted green for JD. I'm looking for some prices as well.

5. maelawncare

I believe they have a john deere deck though dont they? If not, then id rather have the wright, the color would match my hustlers.

6. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

What I've heard they will be around 7500. It's the wright stander x in green. Aero core deck and all. I saw the one Andy was looking at as I looked at it too. The deere for me makes more sense because dealers are all over. Wrights only have a couple dealers in mn. I'm looking at getting 2. 1 with a mulch kit and the other with bagger/side discharge. Also looking at vantages and a cheetah. Not sure which way I'll go.
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. andy'slawncare

My local dealer wants $8,000 for the 652R. They don't even have them in stock yet. I have always had ztr with baggers. Can these standons handle a bigger bagger on top of the deck area?

8. Jimslawncareservice

Jimslawncareservice LawnSite Platinum Member
    from mn

Are talking about accelerator bagger or a travel vac garbage can bagger? All the previous standers were fine. I don't know why not with this one. I'd if had the 7 iron you could modify a bagger to the bagger from the z
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. maelawncare

I wish it was still the 7iron. Im enteraining toro grandstand now because of this.

My dealer said just under $9k for the 60" deere. Wright said $9600 for the same machine in yellow.

10. ClassicLawnCareInc

ClassicLawnCareInc LawnSite Senior Member

I still waiting for my dealer to give me a price. They are gonna have one in early March. Im looking at the 661R. It has a fuel injected engine. The Wright mower options don't have a fuel injected option.