2013 Kubota ZG100

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by KV9064, Nov 5, 2012.

1. AUTOX

AUTOX LawnSite Member

Kubota ZG123S-48 - 23 hp Kohler Courage Pro - 44 lbs TQ

Fuel tank is below the seat ,lowers CG, Adj Seat - non folding ROPS - Deck thinner than the BB - Low Profile tires - rear hitch included

O% 36 month financing fees $100 , require adding to home insurance or Kubota insurance $7 per month

4 year /300 hr warranty

Was tested 4 years prior to release

Or

BB ZT Elite - 48 27 hp Kohler Courage Pro - 43lbs Tq

0% financing includes $130 fees - Thicker deck - Deck has Front & Rear Anti Scalp wheels - Lift to access to belts -

2. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Just an FYI-
    If you are basing your decision to buy, off either of those two torque numbers (which you must be somewhat since you threw them out there), you are being mislead. The Kohler Pro 23 is true rated at 20.4 HP & 36.8 ft lbs torque, and the 27 at 23.5 HP & 36.9 ft lbs torque. In reality, the 27 is better in both departments, though the actual difference in torque is a non issue. Cut some thick grass with either enigine on the same machine though and the 27 will easily out perform the 23.

The true rated numbers are shown at the bottom of the spec list for each engine on Kohler's site. The ones you cited are the old numbers they used under the old non realistic, overinflated J1940 system. They are taking forever to switch over the the true rating system so they can sell off all their NOS engines.

3. AUTOX

AUTOX LawnSite Member

What is the designed life of the Kohlers? Web forums mentions 1200 to 2k Hrs

Difference and design life in the Kawasaki FR 726cc offered for $200 more on the BB?

Resale value between the Kubota and BB

4. gene gls

gene gls LawnSite Gold Member

Engine life depends on your maintinance. Running with dirty air filters shortens the life big time. Also not cleaning the crap off the engin will make it over heat which is a nono.

5. Deezer1

Deezer1 LawnSite Member

Was looking at this unit, going to dealer some time this wk to check it out. What's your guys opinion on buying this or a used Hustler fastrak super duty 54" deck from private owner with 70hrs and 1 1/2 yrs old? Will warranty transfer with the hustler? Not using commercialy,just like the quality of the hustler for the money
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. JCLawn and more

JCLawn and more LawnSite Fanatic
    from MI

How many acres do you have?
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. gene gls

I would not buy the Hustler. Mine was a money pit and all models use a lot of the same parts.

8. Deezer1

Deezer1 LawnSite Member

Sorry to hear about your hustler Gene, interested to know what problems you had. I'm mowing a little over an acre now but might be moving with more acreage in mind no more than 5
    Posted via Mobile Device

9. gene gls

I had a wide range of problems, pto clutchs, wheel motors, hydro pumps, spindle bearings, belt pullys. I should have junked it early on but I owed too much money on it. If you are only going to mow your own lawn, you probely will not have much trouble. Heat was the main killer to my machine. It was designed more for flat land. I had a lot of steep mowning and when you run steep grades it creats a lot of heat. The hydro system needed to have a larger tank and a better way of disapating the heat from the oil. I had tight routes and the mower didn't have a chance to cool off inbetween customers. Most days it ran 4-5 hours steady with out shutting down. It was very easy to have brown spots (burnt grass) from stoping to move objects out of the way.

10. Grady1

Grady1 LawnSite Member

That is bullspit. I'm demo'ing one for the weekend and the junk Deere's and toro's don't hold a candle to these Kubota's. Grant it for every 10 posts that you read on here about the Kohlers being junk, you'll read 10 more that say the Briggs are junk, blah blah blah, you can't keep up.

The ROPS not folding down is not an issue in the least bit. It' s maybe 5' 10"-6' off the ground and if you have branches hanging down below that it's time to get out your saw.

Does anyone own one of these ZG's or actually have experience with them? Thanks. Grady