2013 Rigs!!

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by LandFakers, Apr 2, 2013.

1. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

Thats alot of weight and a sweet truck Plantscape!

IXINRGIXI LawnSite Senior Member

3. ch4x0r

ch4x0r LawnSite Senior Member

my new rig had to edit someone out if you wonder what the black blur is lol

4. Scagman 48

Scagman 48 LawnSite Senior Member

thanks man really appreciate it
  5. LandFakers

LandFakers LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

All these rigs are looking good
    Posted via Mobile Device
  6. dobronos

dobronos LawnSite Member

7. PerfectEarth

PerfectEarth LawnSite Bronze Member

I love Flynn's rig. The equipment is excellent and that's the most important part!

Dude even has a Brentwood wheelbarrow. Kudos.
  8. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

Diggin it! I love the look of Mud Graps but I don't like how long they last and you wanna talk about expensive!
  9. Yardvark-Lawns

Yardvark-Lawns LawnSite Member

I'm going to have to snap a few pics of my gear. We did a MASSIVE upgrade to everything this year. I'm pretty excited.

Here's one of my new truck, just got the decals put on today (Still debating where to put the phone number/email address, that's why they're not on there)

10. OakNut

OakNut LawnSite Platinum Member

Sweetest rig you'll ever lay eyes on...

A mobility scooter carrier from Harbor Freight :D

This is how I started out 4 years ago. Pretty much a grown up version of a mower in the trunk of a Civic. ;)
    I didn't want to remove my truck cap, but couldn't get a mower in there with it on. I mean, I COULD, but not in a way that I'd want to deal with multiple times a day, every day. The carrier solved that problem, plus I don't need to lift a mower - ever. I work solo, so picking up an 80 lb mower a thousand times a day is not appealing to me. Tailgate ramps? Pffffttt! Who needs 'em?
    Drop the ramp on the carrier, roll the mower on, lift ramp, pop in the pins. Easy, peasy, lemon squeezy. :)

I still use it because it's perfect for working small, city jobs. It wouldn't make any sense at all to tow a trailer for those jobs and parking is a nightmare with a trailer. The carrier makes my life easier.

2001 Silverado 5.3 4x4. I'm the original owner. I never imagined it would end up as a work truck, or I may have skipped the power, heated, leather seats. ;)

The trailer is a 5x8 cheapo Carry On brand I picked up used only a year, or so old, but in rough shape for $400. I "re-skinned" the sides (prev owner had added plywood sides and painted them black) with plywood, adding eye bolts for tying down tarps, and repainted the whole thing. I stained the new wood with leftover deck waterproofing. Sometimes I regret not tearing all the wood off, but it HAS come in handy for hauling leaves and brush.

As you can see, "brand loyalty" is a concept lost on me. :D

Laugh all you want at the scooter carrier. It works PERFECTLY for hauling the snowblower...

(the wood on the ramp was found to be completely unnecessary)

Last edited: May 10, 2013