2013 Toro Ride On 30" Aerator

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by choppy77, Apr 15, 2014.

1. choppy77

choppy77 LawnSite Member
    from K.C.

Have a chance to pick up this demo for $7100 plus tax. It has 41 hours on it and comes with full new warranty. Does this seem like a decent deal?
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

New they are like 10k around here. Sounds like a good deal to me

3. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

I got mine for around $8500 brand new with 0 hours. That was the "mini-fleet" price.

4. Clippers PLS

Clippers PLS LawnSite Bronze Member

Then I need to pack up and move. Here in northern VA, the lowest I have seen a new one was I believe 9 grand after the fleet discount and all the other hoopla.

5. choppy77

choppy77 LawnSite Member
    from K.C.

For those with ride on aerators. When did you decide to go that route vs a walk behind? I need to get one or the other and have 5 apartment complexes and several duplexes that are requesting aeration. I do this on the side so time is really becoming a sum b*tch.

6. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

I bought mine last week. I'm going to try it out and see how much it improves productivity before I commit to buying more.

7. aeration

aeration LawnSite Member
    from Indiana

The summer after the year I hit the 100 aeration mark (for spring and summer combined). More than anything, your body will no longer take a beating. I can probably aerate 50% more lawns in a day with my ride on. The load/unload time and commute time from job to job is the same as using a walk behind. The time you save is when you are actually on the lawn. If you have a tight route, you will be even better off. Add a dually walk behind with sulky to the mix and your productivity will skyrocket!!

8. andersman02

andersman02 LawnSite Senior Member

We may be looking at one this fall. We do roughly 300+ fall and spring aerations. Small yards would be a PITA with a ride on but anything bigger than 7-8k they are wonderfull.

We have a 2 acre property that will be getting done this fall. If we dont have one we will be renting and getting about 4 other properties that are 10k+ done that same day. That will be a highly profitable day