2014 Lawn care Trailer Truck Set Up Equipment Pictures Lawn Care

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by THORNTON SERVICES LLC, Feb 24, 2014.

1. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

For sure, a normal "cargo" trailer doesn't work for us, with so much concentrated weight on rear ZTR/WB tires. I went with 16"OC floor crossmembers, but, 12"OC is possible, too. I bought Maxxis 10-ply tires, as extra insurance. I was fortunate that one of my clients is a trailer dealer and he helped me order the right trailer. He alerted me to several things I hadn't thought about. I'd probably do a 48" side door, if I had to buy another.

2. Cascio05

Cascio05 LawnSite Member

Going to wrap the trailer soon

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg

3. chris buck

chris buck LawnSite Member

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Plus 2 RedMax backpack blowers and 2 Trimmers, hedge trimmers, and other assorted equipment

4. chris buck

Good grief, those are HUGE! Sorry!!

5. ducnut

ducnut LawnSite Bronze Member

That allows us to see the dirt. :laugh:

That rock guard panel is super-easy to replace. That'd drive me nuts, to walk out to that everyday, as you've got such nice equipment.

Any thoughts of lettering the truck and trailer? I figured with you having to run a DOT number, they'd be sticklers with signage. We don't need DOT numbers, but, LEO will right a ticket for not having everything properly lettered (all 3 sides of truck and trailer).

6. chris buck

That is probably gonna happen in the future, but all we have to have here is what you see. It only has to have name, phone number, and DOT number on the pulling vehicle. The trailer doesn't technically have to have anything. But, I will eventually either letter it, or wrap it.

7. Green Finger

Green Finger LawnSite Senior Member

Nice setup fellas.

8. THORNTON SERVICES LLC

THORNTON SERVICES LLC LawnSite Senior Member

Yes nice set up pictures , does anyone have pics of how they set up there enclosed trailers and the types of racks and hooks they used? Keep the photos coming fellas!

9. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

Old truck, little trailer, but its a part time rig. Things did better last year then ever before, and this year i plan to advertise heavy pretty soon. I have another truck now that just needs a little work so hopefully I can enlarge my company this year and bring in more $$$

rig.jpg

10. jaybow

jaybow LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mi

Also I have a new logo, embroidered Polo shirts, and embroidered hats + I am bringing on a part time worker to start. So im gonna try to upsell mulch and side services more also.