1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

2016 f-650 & f-750

Discussion in 'Trucks and Trailers' started by Chris_NC06, Mar 5, 2014.

1. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

2. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

These don't need to even be idling to rule. Good link!!

Though, I was thinking the one I saw was maybe an extended cab or even a single cab...it did not have 4 doors IIRC.
  3. Landrus2

Landrus2 LawnSite Platinum Member

I like this one :waving:

4. Construct'O

Construct'O LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Sw Iowa

Looks like the hood tips forward,that's how all the pickups should work.
  5. Monroe74

Monroe74 LawnSite Senior Member

If Gm lost their med truck market because they took the bailout why didn't dodge ? It's been my understanding that Gm has been wanting to get out of the med truck market for awhile.
  6. Chris_NC06

Chris_NC06 LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Sanford, NC

The bailout had nothing to do with GM's departure from the MDT market. As I said before, GM lost money on every 4500-8500 truck they sold. They tried to sell the Kodiak-Top-Kick line to both Navistar and Isuzu, but the deal fell through.
  7. zabmasonry

zabmasonry LawnSite Senior Member
    from C. VT

IMO this will likely be the kiss of death for the 650/750. It's already a pretty raw deal if you buy one, unless you have a nearby dealer who's versed in the heavy trucks, service is a pain. Their cabs suck in comparison to pretty much everybody else on the market, and their build quality is pretty marginal. Price is good though, which I think helps them sell, but with a power stroke under the hood I just can't see many buyers jumping at that opportunity.
  8. BrandonV

BrandonV LawnSite Platinum Member

I have a 750 and I'm very happy with it. A lot of companies don't see the need to shell out the $$$ for a pete or KW but need the capacity. The fact that this new truck will be US made instead of blue-diamond (mexico) is a big+

that said I can't wrap my head around the power train choice. the cummins was the choice.
  9. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Ford wants to keep it all in house. With the power stroke under the hood they are going to allow any ford dealer to service the truck not just the medium and heavy duty techs who are cummins trained. That's what the dealer at the shown told me.
    I think it's a bad move myself. Can't beat a cummins and a Allison.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  10. recycledsole

recycledsole LawnSite Gold Member
    from MD

taking the cummins engine out and putting a powersmoke..... :(