20hp magnum kohler and dixie question????

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by milo, Jan 25, 2006.

1. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

i just bought a old used one for a great price and wanted to know if anybody knows how good they are or were? it is a 50 inch x2000 20hp magnum kohler. i am only gonna use it like 8 hours a week and would just like to know if anybody had one or used one and how they cut.
    i now run a exmark zhp 48 inch and yazoo max 2 61 inch and have a few walk behinds. i have a wright stander and i just cant take how hard on my body they are. they are built great, but ride bad and gonna sell it and use this dixie chopper instead as its replacement
    anyway any info on a dixie chopper x2000 like a 1996 50 inch cut and 20hp magnum engine would be great. thanks people.. :)

2. milo

milo LawnSite Bronze Member

so can anyone help with my questions? lol if so thanks

3. ajagnea

ajagnea LawnSite Member

I would like to know as well, I can get one for a steal just for use on my 1 1/2acre lot? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

4. ajagnea

ajagnea LawnSite Member

What years did they make the dixie with the magnum?

5. ajagnea

ajagnea LawnSite Member

Anybody, Any ideas.

6. ajagnea

ajagnea LawnSite Member

How about the lx2001, Any info?

7. ajagnea

ajagnea LawnSite Member

1991 xl2001, anygood.

8. weve

weve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Central Illinois

In 1993 and 1994 I had a 1993 X2000 with a 60" deck and a 20hp Kohler Magnum engine. I think that it was a good engine but somewhat underpowered with the 60" deck. The Kohler Command 22hp engine was just coming out in 1993.