$20K In Stolen Landscaping Equipment Seized in Sanford, Fl

Discussion in 'Florida Lawn Care Forum' started by FLAhaulboy, Apr 18, 2011.

1. FLAhaulboy

FLAhaulboy LawnSite Senior Member

http://www.wftv.com/news/27589508/detail.html

Updated: 6:21 pm EDT April 18, 2011

SANFORD, Fla. -- Sanford police say they've recovered tens of thousands of dollars in stolen goods, but don't know who it all belongs to. The tools and other equipment, mostly for landscaping, were all recovered as a surprise during a drug investigation.
    Sanford police have all the equipment you'd need to landscape, trim trees, even buff floors, after a drug bust turned into a huge stolen property case. Cops served a search warrant last week looking for drugs and found dozens of expensive pieces of equipment, all stolen.
    "Apparently, these people were stealing these items, taking them to the drug dealer and trading them for crack cocaine. Now we're stuck with all of the property here at the station," a Sanford police official said.
    The problem is that police don't know who most of the items belong to, and they believe there are many victims out there who want their property back and want justice.
    Police noticed a pattern with a number of the items; they've been spray-painted brown, investigators believe, in an effort to disguise the stolen property. But several of the tools did have identifying marks and three victims have been identified, including the city of Sanford, Volusia County and Seminole County; all were missing a variety of landscaping and tree cutting tools.
    But without victims, there is no way to charge the still unnamed suspect with dealing in stolen property, along with the drug charges.
    "No victim, there's really no way we can help anybody," a Sanford police official said.
    "And no way you can prosecute?" WFTV reporter Steve Barrett asked.
    "Correct," the official replied.
    Any items not claimed will simply be auctioned off 90 days after the case is closed. Investigators believe they have more than $20,000 worth of property and they say the number of victims they can identify will dramatically impact the number of charges they can file in the case.

2. Tim Smith

Tim Smith LawnSite Member

Good they hit me hard need to see if my stiff is there
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Yo

Tim Smith a lawnsite member from Sanford Fla. is one of the victims. He has been hit several time.

4. Tim Smith

Thanks for the heads up Ric now I get to put a face to my anger going tomorrow to look at all of it and hopefully get some of it back
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. gregory

gregory LawnSite Bronze Member

good luck tim.. that type of stuff hits hard..chop off there hands then they can only steel twice after the 2nd time they can figure out a way to wipe there ass...

6. Tim Smith

I bought a special new toy for the it's called THE JUDGE google it they got me for over $30,000 the bastards the even more if you count the damage they did getting at it
    Posted via Mobile Device

7. Ric

Ric LawnSite Fanatic

Tim

when I read this I immediately called you and left a message when you didn't answer. Then I posted my reply.

Gregory

Yep that is one thing the Muslims do that I agree with. They also do it in Public and any one in the area is required to watch. I have had several friends who worked oil fields in the Middle East and they even have video of public executions. BTW they Cut off the Right Hand and left foot for stealing. that way it is to hard to hold a crutch.

8. Keith

Keith LawnSite Gold Member

They got me for over 15k about 18 months ago. Luckily insurance covered most of it, but I would still love to look the stuff over. You know there is going to be no sign of a serial on any of the stuff though.

9. Tim Smith

Mine to insurance covered us it was just the hassle
    Posted via Mobile Device

10. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO LawnSite Fanatic

subbing for updates.