1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

20ton Tag trailer

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment & Pavement' started by rvon99, Aug 27, 2013.

1. rvon99

rvon99 LawnSite Member

I am looking for some input on buying a new 20 ton pintle hitch trailer. It has to be a 25+5 and I prefer the ramps to stand up instead of lay flat. Air brakes, and low pro also. I have been looking at a Kaufman like Dirtman2007 has. I know a Eager Beaver, Interstate and some other nice brands are out of my price range. Lets hear some different brands.

2. AEL

AEL LawnSite Bronze Member

Make sure you get air ramps, you wont regret it.

3. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

low pro 20 ton?

4. rvon99

rvon99 LawnSite Member

Sorry Low profile, low to the ground, I know some are higher than others

5. ksss

ksss LawnSite Fanatic

Towmaster............great trailer.

6. 4 seasons lawn&land

4 seasons lawn&land LawnSite Gold Member
    from NY

20t's are popular so I see a lot of older ones out there. Eager Beaver is the major brand in this area and I see them in the 3000's all the time. Thing is you can easily put 6 7 8 thou into them. At least you would know it was in good shape all around if you did that though.

7. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic

I think I'd rather buy a well maintained Towmaster, TrailKing, Trailmax, or Interstate than a new "bargain" trailer. I've seen first hand what happens in the long run to the bargain brands. They'll be great for about 5 years, then you'll find out why they were less money. You should be able to buy a really clean TrailKing for $10K, that's still less than a new, off brand trailer and will still last longer. If you ever decide you want to sell and do something different, the name brands will fetch much more. You may only lose $2K in a couple years time on resale by going the used route. Just my .02