21" Commercial Choices

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawnspecialties, Nov 10, 2007.

1. lawnspecialties

lawnspecialties LawnSite Silver Member

Now that I've pretty much ruled out an Exmark 26", I'm deciding between a Toro, Honda, or Deere JX 75 commercial 21" mower. I'm leaning toward the JX 75 but would love to hear some comments on all.:)

2. deere615

deere615 LawnSite Fanatic

I like the hondas he HRC's are great.

3. shane mapes

shane mapes LawnSite Senior Member

whats wrong with the ex mark 26 ? i have one and it is the best mower i have..here in ca. where i mow a 26 is the biggest you'll need for res. i have three Honda's 21. i have'nt try ed the ex mark 21 but that could be a option as well........ this spring i will prob ally demo a 21 and see if i like it better then the Honda....never now....

4. SNAPPER MAN

SNAPPER MAN LawnSite Silver Member

I love my two commercial snapper hivacs with honda engines, they are awsome and easy to use and work on.

5. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

I like my snapper 21 high vac especially on fall clean ups.

6. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I have the Exmark 26" and would rather use my home owner Snapper 21".

7. joed

joed LawnSite Bronze Member

Get the toro/exmark 21" commercial unit with either the honda or kawasaki engine. Of the 3 units you mentionned, the toro/exmark 21" is the best overall unit and most productive of the 3. I've had all 3 models you're looking at and the toro is definitely the best mulcher and a pretty good bagger. The honda and jd are better baggers than the toro but not as good at mulching. They are also longer than the toro, thus making them a bit more of a pain to manuever in tightly landscaped spots.

8. NMS0219

NMS0219 LawnSite Senior Member

Husky has a great 21" commercial mower.

9. DCE

DCE LawnSite Senior Member

You can't go wrong with either a Toro Proline 21 or the Exmark Metro 21. Both are great mowers and are of a design that has withstood the test of time and extended use. I haven't used any of the newer Honda HRC's but I've experience with older ones. They are built like a friggin' tank and can take a lot of abuse and still keep on going.

10. jrc lawncare

jrc lawncare LawnSite Senior Member

We have the metro 21''. Very good mower, but quite heavy, especially if you ever have to carry it.:dizzy: