21 commercial gravely rear tires

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by mrgsemail, Mar 13, 2007.

1. mrgsemail

mrgsemail LawnSite Member

Last season I bought a 21" gravely commercial. I have had to replace th rear tires 3 times last season. The dealer says I'm damaging them. I also have 21 Toro Proline on its orginal tires for 3 seasons. The toro's tires don't even show wear. Anyone else having this problem? Can you replace the tires with different tires? What is up?

2. mgm

mgm LawnSite Member

We have 5 of them, and last year we replaced the front wheels on each machine twice and the rear liners on each machine three times, we average about 1000 linear feet per lawn x 25 lawns per day per machine or about 5 miles per day or about 25 miles per week. We can replace a rear liner in less than 30 seconds and we pay about $10.00 for each liner.

3. mrgsemail

mrgsemail LawnSite Member

do you know of any replacement tires? My front tires need replaced as well. my dealer sells them for $15 each.

4. mgm

mgm LawnSite Member

I forgot -- we do tend to tear them up when we run up against the concrete foundation of the house, try Mowparts.com I think ? I buy front and rear at case prices from my dealer.