21 engine comparison

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by PFHunter, Apr 25, 2002.

1. PFHunter

PFHunter LawnSite Member

I'm considering purchasing either an Exmark Metro 21 with the 6 hp Kawasaki and BBC or a Toro (#20038) with BBC and a 6.75 hp OHV Briggs engine. Have you any feedback as to which of the two engines would be better, the Kawasaki or the Briggs?
    Any other reasons to select the Exmark?

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

PF Hunter,

Both engines have advantages and disadvantages. While we did at one time use the Briggs engine we currently only offer the Kawasaki.

Traditionally most professionals will tell you the Kawasaki is going to be more durable and reliable. From what I recall however the Briggs does have a noticeable horsepower advantage.

My recommendation would be to post this in the commercial forum. You've got a greater chance of locating someone who has ran both and can give you better feedback on the current Briggs engine.

If this is a going to be your trim mower I'm not sure there is a wrong choice. What you really need to look at is which dealer will give you the support you need when you need it. If most of you equipment was purchased and is serviced at one dealer, stay with them.

Thanks

Terry