1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

21 inch mower for commercial use

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Michael1999, Sep 19, 2012.

1. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

I am with Dan, from what I have seen on the HRC216 the drive shaft fails rather quickly if used often and it is about $200-$300 to replace.

2. leon2245

leon2245 LawnSite Member

Ntm despite having the gxv commercial grade engine, it is underpowered at only 160cc compared to even their own premium homeowner models; & the engines are generally the last thing to fail anyway.

One super nice bonus unique to the HRC's though, with its drive shaft disengaged it is completely resistance free when you're pushing or pulling it around tight spaces, out of gear. The only self propelled 21" that rolls exactly the same as it's push counterpart when the drive is disengaged (snapper does come close). SO smooth.

Weight, power, & price are dealbreakers though.

3. dhardin53

dhardin53 LawnSite Senior Member

I just stumbled across a older version of the Honda HCR. It is the Kuboda 5021, a customer of mines boyfriend sold me this sweet mower, with bagger and deflector. From what I see it is very close in many ways, I have been told many of the parts are the same on both models.

4. mikeypizano

mikeypizano LawnSite Senior Member

The Honda I have rolls like butter! I LOVE it!

5. redbird103

redbird103 LawnSite Member

I use the Toro proline, I have had two of them and they last forever! I know Hondas are a good mower too, Im just more familiar with the Toros. I cut with them quite a bit as i have quite a few Zero lot yards, and they are built like tanks.

6. banjoman

banjoman LawnSite Member

What about Gravely 21" mowers? Not alot of people talk about them on here, why?

7. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

one speed trans gravely has, enough said

8. leon2245

leon2245 LawnSite Member

'nuff said.

9. Church2224

Church2224 LawnSite Senior Member

People have complained about reliability issues with the drive, I have looked it up on here.