21 inch mower help

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lawman, Apr 18, 2001.

1. lawman

lawman LawnSite Member

What is the best power self pro. 21inch mower out there and what is the coast if you know. Thanks.

2. Prasino

Prasino LawnSite Member

I use lawn boy, they make nice lines. They cost anywere from 350 for to 600, it all depends on which model.

3. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

We run Ariens, but Gravely makes one identical to it (same company), and next time I get new 21"ers I will most likly buy Hondas. I think Hondas are the best, but since I got my new Ariens tricked to mow at about 5.5 - 6.5 MPH v.s. its original 4.5 MPH I probably won't buy new ones any time soon.

4. Cleve

Cleve LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Rockmart, GA

You said best.
    Honda commercial with the hydrostatic transmission.
    Probably last you forever if you take care of it.
    Cost around $1000+. But worth it.
    Cleve.

5. NoDownTime

NoDownTime LawnSite Member

I use toro commercial 21" mowers. They have been bullet proof, with the 5.5hp kawasaki. They are around $1000. Alamia.com has good prices on them. I hope this helps

6. eggy

eggy LawnSite Senior Member

I use a toro personal pace, of coure its not commercial grade but a lot of guys around here are using those, Mine has been threw everything the past year and it stands up well, it doesnt get used a whole lot but it gets beat up pretty good daily.

7. summitgroundskeeping

summitgroundskeeping LawnSite Senior Member

I was just thinking if you don't want to spend a grand on a 21", look at Ariens. I mean I got mine to cut at a very fast pace. I run Cross Country, one of the top 20 in my state, and have a hard time keeping up with it after the modifications I did to it. For around $600, it can't be beat. But if you do have $1000 for a 21", buy a Honda first chance you get.

8. bob

bob LawnSite Platinum Member
    from DE

I use a JD 21". Do a search on this topic and you'll find a lot more info.

9. i have a honda hrc216sxa commercial, 21", self propelled, gear driven. dropped it off rock walls before no damage. great machine. really great machine. bit costly. you most likely will not spend this much on other machines. i bought mine for almost 1,100. you can get them for 1,000. great machine will last you forever

10. stslawncare

stslawncare LawnSite Bronze Member
    from DE

hi,
    much to my suprise my 22'' 6.5 craftsman 3 in 1 has held pretty darn good, its about 3 years oldhave never had any problems with it at all.