21" Lawn Solutions Aerator Demo

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by Yerkz, Mar 5, 2011.

1. Yerkz

Yerkz LawnSite Member

Demoed the 21" lawn solution aerator today. It had a 5.5hp Honda engine with single hydro selling for $3,499.00. This machine is new to the place I demoed it at so they didn't know much about it and didn't have an owner's manual. I was hoping someone on here could answer a couple of questions.

1. Is there a way to adjust the depth of the plugs pulled. We didn't see anyway to adjust it and it was pulling about 2" plugs.
    2. They are selling with only 1 weight and the two additional weights are options. Anybody know how much they run.

As for the demo, the engine ran good once we got it going. The ease of operation of this aerator is amazing. There is no comparing it to the rental units around here (bluebird). It will cut the time to aerate in half and not leave you beat at the end of the day. The only draw back I saw was in the transport mode. This part was not the best. I think having the hydro on the rear wheels would eliminate that problem. I will definitely be purchasing an aerator, but not sure about the price. Turfco's got identical machine except bigger 24" and are running a 10% discount through April $2,995.00. The problem with that is nobody around here sells them and they are factory direct. Maybe going with the dual hydro 24" for around $4,200.00 might make more sense in the long run. Anybody have any thoughts on that or answers to the above questions.

2. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

Manuals are on our website. www.lawnsolutionscp.com

Website is currently under construction but there basics are there.

Your questions:

Yes you can adjust the height....there are depth brackets on both sides of the machine.
    There is an extra 100 lbs of weights you can add....2 on the back and 1 on the front.

I personally like the Briggs engine and is easier to start and smoother...but you won't really understand what I mean until you try it....it is also $250 less cost. We sell about 95% of them with this setup. The Briggs engine suprised me when we first tried it!

3. Yerkz

Yerkz LawnSite Member

Thanks for the reply. I am thinkin about going with the Briggs engine. The dealer doesn't have any, but said you could ship in a couple of days. I hope so cause I will need it in 2 weeks. As I posted earlier I was blown away by the ease of operation. Glad there is an alternative to the bluebird rentals in my area. If there wansn't then I would not offer aeration at all cause they are not worth the strain.

4. turfcobob

turfcobob LawnSite Senior Member

Do not let the Direct Sales keep you from making your decision. Turfco has servicing dealers all over the US & Canada. If you have a problem you do not want to deal with the Turfco Service department can direct you to a dealer. Also we have parts (if needed) to you overnight. Service on the Turfco is very easy as the entire rear panel lifts off so you can clean / service the tine real area sitting in a chair. The chains are on the outside of the unit and covered up for longer life and less service. You can even adjust them without removing the covers. After 61 years of servicing the industry Turfco takes care of their customers.

5. sildoc

sildoc LawnSite Silver Member

The very reason I didn't buy one. You are not delivering till May! How can I make money when you all are out of stock.

6. jay12

jay12 LawnSite Senior Member
    from KY

No complaints with my ls aerator. I wouldnt use it when it was bone dry, but we used it today, soil was damp and it was pulling steady 2 1/2 to 3 in plugs. The ls is a good machine, as are the xt5 from what Ive seen

7. lawncuttinfoo

lawncuttinfoo LawnSite Bronze Member

I used a LS aerator for the first time last fall and took some notes about possible improvements. Dual hydros and moving the drive wheels to the back, wow before I can even suggest it they are releasing a new machine with exactly that, can't wait to try it.

One question, on the 21" I noticed that the hydro was very stiff, almost to the point where putting it in reverse was as hard as dropping the tines on one of those old back breaker style aerators.

Was there possibly something not set correctly or are the hydro controls supposed to be that stiff?

8. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

We limit the reverse out of the factory....you can make an easy adustment and speed it up by moving the reverse stop bracket on the handle.

We don't know if they are gong commerical or rental so we make them all slow in reverse but it can be easily changed in 2-3 minutes.

9. LawnSolutionsCP

LawnSolutionsCP Sponsor

The little bracket in the middle with the oblong holes.....we install it all the way up as shown to limit revers....just move it down some.

Stop.jpg

10. fatboynormmie

fatboynormmie LawnSite Bronze Member

Sweet thanks David will be adjusting that tomorrow.Hey you might want to consider putting wheel scraper's on the back wheels as they cake up with mud or damp soil and it makes a mess on hard surfaces while rolling over them.My classen has them and works rather well .