21" Lawnboy 2storke rpm

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Redd, Mar 2, 2005.

1. Redd

Redd LawnSite Member
    from ohio

For any of you that use these...any problems with surging rpm in late model yrs? Would you buy another if still available?

2. MacPhersonlawn

MacPhersonlawn LawnSite Member

I have two of them, a 2003 and a 2004. I know most people here would look down at this but they are very light, easy to start, self-propelled, mulch well, ok on power, and take a beating with little maintenance. On the first day I had my 2003 lawnboy I ran over it with my ZTR. Folded it right up. Took two of us with a bar and a hammer to unfold it and it worked! If I can get 3 years out of them then they are worth the price. I have not had an surge problems.

3. boonhogganbeck

boonhogganbeck LawnSite Member

I have a Goldpro from last year. They do tend to surge a little bit. You just need to adjust the needle valve and it should clear it up. My understanding is that the surging results from some of the EPA compliance built into the machine. But, that's pretty much the end of the two-cycle lawn mower for the forseeable future.

4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

Do a search with my name as author, look for the thread I started:

6-11-2004, Lawnboy Experiences ...

Read the posts of mine, clear through to the end -- your story sounds like mine from the brief description.

(sorry, I don' t know how to past a lawnsite thread into this post)