21" Mower - Toro Proline Vs Honda HRC216

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by alpine692003, Jan 2, 2005.

  1. alpine692003

    alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,502

    Which one would you guys get? I currently have a Honda HRC216 and I dont mind it...

    I will mostly be bagging, err actually 85% bagging with high lift blades.. the other 15% is mulching with the gator blades only! that will be din the summer time!

    Toro Proline or Honda??? :dizzy: :dizzy:
     
  2. JKOOPERS

    JKOOPERS LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,259

    get a real mower alpo
     
  3. saw man

    saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah
    Posts: 1,021

    If you are mostly bagging stick with the Honda! I think the Honda does better at bagging than the Toro and I had no problem with the Honda mulching even at full speed! I think the Honda is better built as well!!!!
     
  4. alpine692003

    alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,502

    Those are real mowers buddy, I can only use 21" mowers.. I can't even use 32" mowers...


    :dizzy:
     
  5. jtkplc

    jtkplc LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,646

    I have a Honda HRX 217 and absolutely love it!
     
  6. sethsodsquad

    sethsodsquad LawnSite Member
    Posts: 182

    I'd say for you - get another Honda since you are used to it, can use the same parts, and so on. If you were starting from scratch, looking for a 21" Commercial, I'd say get a Toro just because they mulch VERY well. I have used several different brands of 21" mowers and the Toro is unmatched (+ Exmark) in mulching performance. I'm not sure I like the bag set-up though, my favorite bagging 21" mower would have to be the Snapper commercial Hi-Lift.

    But, once again, I think it'd be more economical to buy another Honda HRC216 since you already have one. I'm sure the Honda will do excellent in the conditions you are putting it through.

    Seth
     
  7. sildoc

    sildoc LawnSite Silver Member
    Posts: 2,925

    Wait till the new Honda commercial comes out this spring and then give it a try. If it is as good as they say I will have one. If you are bagging I would definitly stick with Honda.
     
  8. alpine692003

    alpine692003 LawnSite Bronze Member
    Posts: 1,502

    I guess Honda's are the way to go!

    Wait til Spring'05 and the new mowers are out? is that for Canada too or just USA..

    :dizzy:
     
  9. saw man

    saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah
    Posts: 1,021

    I have also heard about a HRC217 push mower. It has the over head cam 6.5hp, cast iron sleve engine, with the comm. deck in a push style. This was in an update, but havent seen pic or anything yet.
     
  10. Five Diamond Lawns

    Five Diamond Lawns LawnSite Member
    Posts: 197

    I have both the Honda and the Toro. Love the cut on the Toro but hate the bagging. If you pickup and mow in the wet I would only use the Honda.
     

Share This Page