21" mulching blades

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Heintooga, Jun 15, 2009.

?

21" mulching blades

1. Ninja - Snapper

2 vote(s)
    16.7%
  2. Microcut - Honda

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  3. Gatorblade

7 vote(s)
    58.3%
  4. other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Heintooga

Heintooga LawnSite Member

Having seen many options on 21" mulching blades I am curious, what's your pick and what do you not like about others? After a week with a new Honda Microcut I've grown to appreciate the Ninja's even more. The Microcut leaves more stragglers, doesn't handle twigs/sticks as well and in leaves the Ninja won handly.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2009
  2. SfTD_service_CENTER

SfTD_service_CENTER LawnSite Senior Member

wow i thought i was the only guy who liked snapper with the ninja! i cut on highest setting mostly and i get a great cut and i am alwasy happy with the result.

3. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I have the Snapper Hi-Vac with the ninja and I'm not impressed. I'd like to try a gator and get a comparison.

4. Heintooga

Heintooga LawnSite Member

I have two Snappers, one with a Quantum 6.5 and one with a Kaw FJ18V. The Honda is an HRC216 so the comparison seems fair enough. I compaired the cuts using new blades with factory edges on a variety of grasses and weeds cutting to 2". It seems there are some folks who don't like the Ninja cuts but I'd have to see their comparisons to understand their complaints.

5. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

It seems to be when I cut lower, I get a better cut. It leaves stragglers in thin-bladed grasses that are tall.

6. Shasta Lake Landscaping

Shasta Lake Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

93chevy, I have a like new gator blade I'll sell ya
    PM me if interested

7. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

We can't PM until you have 10 posts.

Still interested though. Not trying to be condescending, but it is a 21" blade, right? I just like to be sure there's no confusion :waving:

8. Shasta Lake Landscaping

Shasta Lake Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

Yes 21"

I can get a pic if you want

9. SfTD_service_CENTER

SfTD_service_CENTER LawnSite Senior Member

i know why i am happy with mine! i go slow! my mower is a push with no drive, so if i see it not cutting right i walk slower! i seem to always have smooth nice lawns and i do cut at 3.5" which is the highest setting on the hi vac snapper.

10. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

How much you want for it? Can I send you a check?