1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by sgreanbean, May 31, 2001.

1. sgreanbean

sgreanbean LawnSite Member
    from cal

I have 3 toro comm 21"s, they are getting worn out!
    I have been thinking real hard about getting the lawnboy comm 21"s
    has anybody used these, if not what do you suggest other than toro
  2. casey

casey Guest

Get the LB commercial. I've used just about every comm 21" and it's the best by far.
    Light, excellent discharge (take off the metal bar on the discharge chute), good bagger (get the side bag, not rear, good mulcher.
    I've got 8 LBC's
  3. jeffyr

jeffyr LawnSite Senior Member

I here they are good Casey. How do they stripe ?

4. Toroguy

Toroguy LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought a 21" lawnboy in 99 and have had good luck with it. It was my only mower for a time, as I saved up for a Exmark.

I am going out to take off that bar you mentioned, didnt even think of it, great idea!
  5. casey

casey Guest

If you haven't allready done it, take off the plasic back flap too, it makes pulling the mower backwards alot easier.

Also doesn't stripe as much.
  6. Forget the 21" mowers and buy a pair of 32" Toro steering eXmark fixed deck machines.

Add a pair of proslides and you have just tripled your production rates.
  7. casey

casey Guest

You might be amazed how fast a 21" LB can do a small lot. I think, much faster than any WB, because of its light weight you can get around a small prop faster.
    Also there are alot of gates and steep ditches a 32 can't handle.

Bigger is not allways better!
  8. sgreanbean

sgreanbean LawnSite Member
    from cal

ive looked at them pretty good, ill defintey go with the self propelled though
  9. Prasino

Prasino LawnSite Member

I have two Lawnboy commercials. These machines have gone through so much and still start up everyday. The staggerd wheel design makes for some nice striping. Best investment ive made so far
  10. danlawnser

danlawnser LawnSite Senior Member

You might want to check into the new push on the handle bar type drive system that is now on the LB. I have it on my Toro 21 and love it. The only thing I don't like about my Toro is that sometimes the wheels like to change heights. It doesn't do it much although. I like the cut on the LB. The LB are always good choices.