21" Staggered Wheel Lawnboy Blade Hi-Lift?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TLS, Mar 5, 2002.

1. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

Has anyone tried this blade for your commercial Lawnboys? http://www.j-thomas.com/Catalog_Pages/Page187.htm

It looks like it would be LB-1061 21" Hi-Lift 20-3/4" with a 5/8" center hole. By the looks of the top picture, this may be a good cutting blade instead of the wavy low lift stocker. Just wanted to know if I should order it just for the heck of it. Its only $7.48 :confused:
  2. RB

RB LawnSite Senior Member

Good find. Do you think that blade will fit on a commercial duty 6.5 21" lawnboy? I should measure mine and it will fit I'll get one to try it. I use my 21" mower quite a bit.

My mower vacs and cuts great. If these blades improve that I'd be really happy.

3. GroundKprs

GroundKprs LawnSite Bronze Member

Be careful buying aftermarket blades, especially for a LawnBoy. Often the "high lift" aftermarket does not come near the brand name high lift. Also, in my experience an aftermarket for a LawnBoy is softer material, and wears 2-3 times as fast as the name brand; may be cheaper, but you have to buy a lot more of them.
  4. TLS

TLS LawnSite Fanatic

I know what you mean about aftermarket LB blades. They take a bad blade design and make it worse!!

These look different though! They almost look like what comes off of a 60" ZTR, only with the 3 holes for the blade adapter. When I put in my spring order, I'll grab a set, heck I've spent 7 bucks on other junk. If I have to, I'll just toss them if they dont fit.