21" Stripes on Rye

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by dwc, Mar 24, 2009.

1. bobcat48

bobcat48 LawnSite Gold Member

wow thats looks great.nice work.
  2. Tyler's Lawn Maintenance

Tyler's Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

I too overseed with rye grass over my dormant bermuda. I get a ton of comments on my lawn and the stripes. I mow mine at the second to highest height usually twice a week. Once the leaves are gone, I will start mowing once a week.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

LOOKS GREAT! my rye is just starting to sprout in my yard. its still very warm down here!
  4. GreenGiant94

GreenGiant94 LawnSite Senior Member

Man that looks great!Thumbs Up
  5. rob640

rob640 LawnSite Member

Your annual rye looks awesome. I overseeded my bermuda with annual rye this year also, i think i might have set it out too soon i see nice rye in shady areas of my lawn. The rest is patchy im considering putting out one more bag but affraid it might be too cold. i live in texas and our average hi is 75 avg low of 30. do u think it would be too late for me too seed more?
  6. dwc

dwc LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for all the compliments!
    Rob I would go ahead and put more seed down. Main thing with this stuff is water like crazy until it germinates. I invested in a hose timer and nice sprinkler and it made a world of difference. I watered it 3x a day until it germinated.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  7. rob640

rob640 LawnSite Member

Awesome, thanks for the advice... i think another thing im at fault for was not scalping low enough.. still had some green in my bermuda and was scared to loose the color.. now im suffering the cons... going to give it more seed and alot more water, hope to get same results as u.. thanks man.
  8. StihlBR600

StihlBR600 LawnSite Senior Member

I cant believe you dont have a striper on it. they good great
  9. StihlMechanic

StihlMechanic LawnSite Bronze Member

So nice.

I just cut out my St augustine lawn and planted annual rye this past weekend (11-6-2010) hope I didnt wait too late. I hope my lawn is as awesome as yours. Looks great!
  10. mdlwn1

mdlwn1 LawnSite Silver Member

Annual rye? Dont you guys mean perrenial rye put down annually?