21" Stripping

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by APV's Mowing, May 20, 2007.

1. APV's Mowing

APV's Mowing LawnSite Member

Hey just wondering if any of you guys only use 21" mowers for the full lawn, and if it would be a good idea to offer it to costomers for the front lawn((but for more money!)), because personally i think lawns look a hell of a lot better with smaller stripes rather then big stripes

2. patterson

patterson LawnSite Member

To paraphrase Hank Williams - if they got the money and you got the time...

I have one really nice older guy who has me mow the whole yard with the 21 toro cause he likes the way it looks. He offered to pay a few bucks more fot he extra time involved. I do most of my lawns with a Quick 36 which gives a great cut a sweet stripes and people are more than willing to pay more for the extra time since I'm not tearing hell out of the turf with my 15 mph giant ztr. Make it a niche.

3. APV's Mowing

APV's Mowing LawnSite Member

well right now i only have a 21" toro and iv got 15 lawns by myself and im workin out of the bed of my pickup...and i dont how much longer my toro is going to last me so im either going to buy a 21" Honda HRX and then hire some fresh. in highschool to helpout and buy a nice blower, then next year expand and get a trailer and 32" Exmark...dn wat my other option is dont have that much money right now this is my first year doin this and im only 16