21" to 24" Mowers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Jeff@SGLC.ca, Jan 14, 2005.

1. Jeff@SGLC.ca

Jeff@SGLC.ca LawnSite Senior Member

I know the 36" is nice but there is still a need for a smaller mower. What do ppl suggest in the smaller range. The only 24" I've found in my really limited searching was a Billy Goat. I would think this would be a whole lot nicer t hen a 21".

2. bobbygedd

bobbygedd LawnSite Fanatic
    from NJ

that's a good question, i've been wondering myself about this billygoat, or other 24"-26" mowers. are they durable? can they handle high wet grass? cutting quality?

3. Pecker

Pecker LawnSite Bronze Member

32" walk behind. . .also, I hear Wright now makes a 32" stander which I'd like to consider - but they have no dealers anywhere close to me and I live in a population of 500,000. . .so maybe you'll have better luck with Wright than me.

4. Jeff@SGLC.ca

32 is too close to my 36 i want to get....I'm talking for smaller areas so smaller mower.

5. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

Try a billy goat contour mower this is a good machine.

6. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Snapper had a 26" with an 9-10HP , I think. Around 1K if I remember correctly. It had solid rear wheels, and an adjustable deck.

7. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

I think it was a 7 hp kawasaki moter is turn sideways this mower is neat.

8. beransfixitinc

beransfixitinc LawnSite Senior Member

eXmark is supposed to be coming out with a 26" with a traditional 21" design sometime before this coming spring '05.

9. impactlandscaping

impactlandscaping LawnSite Silver Member

Hey berans, how are the eXmark 21's? A dealer here is going to be carrying them this year. I have never heard much about them..everyone prefers the LawnBoy and Prolines around here. Hopefully, we won't need a 21" this year :D

10. Jeff@SGLC.ca

A couple of the dealers I deal with around here carry Billy Goat and if I remember correctly, the machine was around $1200 Canadian? Be nice to see if Exmark comes out with a slightly larger machine.