1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

21" Toro anyone have any input

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by TheBigGW, Jun 18, 2008.

1. TheBigGW

TheBigGW LawnSite Member
    from MA

I have a chance to purchase a Toro taht is 2 years old 2 cycle 21" cut the guy wants short money for it. HAS ANYONE USED A TORO 2 CYCLE I have never iwould like any fast input on this please i need to act fast thanks guys.....GW

2. McGaw

McGaw LawnSite Member
    from Ontario

I have a Toro Recycler. Works amazing. It does take a long time for it to warm up though.

-Adam:canadaflag:

3. Grits

Grits LawnSite Silver Member
    from Florida

I would by any 2cycle 21" if the price is decent.

4. Frue

Frue LawnSite Bronze Member

The best mower they ever made but it may be worn out. make sure it is at least 5.5 hp and it is in decent condition. Tip it over look at the blade nd see if it is banged up that will tell a lot about how he used it. I have had a 2 cycle since 97 and it still running.

5. STIHL GUY

STIHL GUY LawnSite Fanatic
    from CT

wow i would love a 2 cycle 21''

6. hexfactor

hexfactor LawnSite Member

I bought a used one the other day. The drive gears on the rear wheels need to be replaced along with the keys in the shaft. )Worn out). but other than that, its great. it wont die if you ovelaod it.

7. Optimum Lawn

Optimum Lawn LawnSite Member

Have a toro commercial that came with the four stroke motor....hated that motor to no end....found a toro 2T motor/deck (deck was older residential) and when the 4T motor baffed I put the 2T motor on the commercial deck...best thing I ever did!!!!!!!!!!!!!...LONG LIVE THE 2T

If in good condition GET IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Howard Roark

Howard Roark LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

check the year. These weren't made 2 years ago, as in 2005-6 as far as I know.

9. zak406

zak406 LawnSite Bronze Member

i use one at work and it is the best 21 inch ever made and ive used honda and toro commerical 4 cycle

10. b121774

b121774 LawnSite Member

I loved the toro 21 pro-line commercial mowers with the suzuki 4.5 horse motors! the rpms were higher than any of the 4 strokes out and bagged really well as a result. Can't buy them in california for many years now but remember the engine plate they used to bolt the motor to the deck cracked quite often. Also remember the air filter cleaner cover would wear out and fall off after awhile.