21" TORO i know nothing about 21inchers

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by grass disaster, Apr 25, 2006.

1. grass disaster

grass disaster LawnSite Silver Member

and really don't feel like doing a search and reading through hundreds of pages.

i need a 21" was looking at the toros.

i need one that mulches good also the option of side discharge.

i have no intention of ever bagging!!!

how good are the personal pace mowers

what's the difference in the sr4 and the regular recycler. besides price

this machine will only get used about an hour a week so i really don't need anything extravagant

2. BigChaz

BigChaz LawnSite Member

hour a week just get the regular recycler. Ive heard they mulch ok but if it gets long just use the side discharge

3. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I think I can help. I had the $400.00 regular recycler last year and I got the $500.00 SR4 Recycler this year. I ran the crap out of the regular last year, but would definitely recommend it over the SR4. It is 22" as opposed to 21" and it actually seems to make a difference. I think the regular mulches much better too. I heard the self propel in the SR4 is better, but I think it is actually worse than the regular recycler. I would definetly get the regular 22" toro recycler if I were you. It starts with ease and is also very easy to manuver. Let me know if this helps, I assume it does. If you have any other questions, ask me.

4. grass disaster

would you recomend the variable speed or the personal pace?

5. grass disaster

anyone else run a recycler?

6. Howie's Lawn Care

Howie's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

I think the other option is only one speed because my grandpa had the 6.5HP regular recycler and it was only one speed. At any rate, I would recommend the personal pace. It feels so much better controlling your speed than being pulled at a speed the isn't in rythm with your body and may not fit the conditions of the yard. Personal pace is great because you can adjust when going through different conditions. Go with the personal pace.

7. grass disaster