21" Wlak Behinds

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Green Industry Pro, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member

I think I have a good idea of what to look for but I havnt tried any of the brands first hand like you probably have.I think you could give me some important info to steer me in the right direction.I live in east texas so there are tons and tons of trees resulting in us bagging 95% of the time to pick up the leaves and pine needles.I want the best bagging mower I can find(easiest to empty bag/most vacuum/I dont want to have to go over the yard 3 times trying to pick up the debris).Since bagging is mostly all we use our 21s for it has to bag well.Mulching and discharging dont matter much.I have heard that ARIENS, LAWNBOY/TORO hi-vac, and a few others are good.Im considering the ARIENS CLASSIC and TORO HI-VAC BAGGER.

THANKS

GOD BLESS AMERICA :usflag::usflag::usflag:

2. madisonpressurewashing

madisonpressurewashing LawnSite Senior Member

Honda top of the line hrx. hrc little heavy and cost more

3. timberbrook

timberbrook LawnSite Member

If bagging is truly a necessity for you go for the Snapper SPCP2160KWV
    Hi-Vac Bagging Mower. Great engine with lots of torque. Great vacuum. Simple and durable drive system. No brainer. Check it out. Oh, and it is lightweight in comparison to most other commercial mowers. :clapping:

4. EastCoast

EastCoast LawnSite Senior Member

I second the Honda HRX!

5. Tennesseepowerstroke

Tennesseepowerstroke LawnSite Senior Member

Agreed. Simplicity and bagging ability can't be beat for the money.

6. Green Industry Pro

Green Industry Pro LawnSite Senior Member

Anyone else?What about ariens,toro,lawnboy?

7. carlsmower

carlsmower LawnSite Member

The Ariens bag great, but the drive sucks, it has a life of maybe a couple years. The drives seem to have gone down hill in the last few years. You may want to do a bit investigating, Exmark has a few new 21's coming out, gear drive, deep hi-vac aluminum deck, 9" wheels, .... looks great. Not a huge Toro fan, there super bagger has a crappy cut quality.

8. jbell36

jbell36 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from KANSAS

I don't like the honda's as a whole machine but if bagging is what you are looking for then I would say get the honda, as compared to our John Deere JX85's it bags much better (good vacuum) and chops the leaves up much better to fit more in one bag

9. 93Chevy

93Chevy LawnSite Fanatic

I agree with your opinion. I have one and it has awesome suction. The bag fills up fast with leaves, but the mower more than makes up for itself in its durability.

10. dishboy

dishboy LawnSite Platinum Member
    from zone 6