22 Cubic Yards Of Mulch Help!!!

Discussion in 'Landscape Architecture and Design' started by flattoplawncare, Mar 15, 2008.

1. flattoplawncare

flattoplawncare LawnSite Senior Member

Hello, What would be a ball park on installing 22 cubic yards of mulch, Its about 15 pickup fulls. Basic bring there and spread out job. there is already existing mulch but very very low.

2. fool32696

fool32696 LawnSite Senior Member

You're not going to make any money making 15 trips with your pickup unless you really rip off your customer. Pay to have it delivered. A supply yard should be able to drop that in one or two trips.

3. flattoplawncare

I know that they will deliver, How much to install ballpark? i am at 2000 am i too high or too low?

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

i would say if you can get that rate go ahead and shoot for it, but in my opinion you are high.

what are you paying per yard? how far does it need to go from pile to bed? wheelbarrow or blower? are you biding or is this a done deal job?

5. flattoplawncare

Hello I am bidding, Wheelbarrow i will use and it is around 1 city block! i can get the mulch for $850. what would you guys charge this is only my 2nd one and this is huge!!! for me. My total with mulch and labor is $3,000 am i crazy? if so what is reasonable?

6. 1wezil

1wezil LawnSite Senior Member
    from tn

how long do you think it will take you ? that seems a little high .

7. P.Services

so let me get this strait, the truck will dump it and then you have to wheelbarrow it a city block to get to the bed? if so that truck needs to do a little offroading to get it closer!!!!
    what color mulch? your paying over $38.00 per yard thats insane!!!!

8. zim bob the landscaper

zim bob the landscaper LawnSite Bronze Member

wow mulch it $39 a yard their? from what im getting from you, you are charging $136 a yard installed. i would say thats a little high. i charge $85-$100 a yard installed, i can get 22 yards for $700 and charge about $2200

9. PORTER 05

PORTER 05 LawnSite Senior Member

i try to get around $50 (labor) for every 1 YR spread,(granted i buy my mulch at wholsale price and sell it for retail, which will add about another $6 per yrd to the $32 i buy it for... so labor comes to $1,100- plus youre $836 mulch comes to $1,936 but that doesnt include delivery.most of our 20+ YRD mulch jobscome in around $2,000 to $2,500 - so youre really not to far off, but it does seem high, + if you are bidding IM sure their will be people under you at that price--really depends if you are dumping the mulch into large beds and spreading, or if you are spreadying around flowers/perennails, bushes ect, price can duoble if thats the case...

mulch in my area ranges from $38 for 1 YRD of dark mulch as high as $52 for that ugly red crap-

10. P.Services

wow wulch must be cheap in michigan, for harwood i was paying $15.50 per yard and this year if all goes as planned i should be paying $9.50