22" mowers

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by Neil M, May 30, 2006.

1. Neil M

Neil M LawnSite Member

Anyone have any suggestions for small lawn mowers. I need a 22" for some tight spot on some accounts. I have a crapsman now and it seems to be crapping out on me. I heard toro and honda make nice mowers. Also, I dont want to spend alot. Any help would be appreciated.

2. TURF DOCTOR

TURF DOCTOR LawnSite Silver Member

If you don't want to spend a lot go to walmart.

3. MTAYLORFFP

MTAYLORFFP LawnSite Member

ive got a nice lawnboy that i got for 220 new.. mulches,bags and discharges, also self propeled

4. JJLandscapes

JJLandscapes LawnSite Senior Member

if u only using it for some tight spots buy a residential from home depot or lowes

5. boxsky

boxsky LawnSite Member

I bought a 26" on ebay for less then 400 shipped to my door. I use it at 2 accts for a total of 3/4 hrs a week. Needed something bigger then a 21 but smaller then a 30 so for the price it was the way for me to go. if it last 2 yrs it was worth it. A little care and it should last 4-5 for the amount I will use it.

6. rustyb265

rustyb265 LawnSite Member

I have a Snapper 21". I think it is a homeowner grade but I dont use it that much because I have a 48" WB for most of the work. I have never had a problem with it. Its only downfall is it is not self propelled. Guess I can push a little though! :walking: I would jsut find something you can afford and go with that for the amount you will use it. If it lasts you a few seasons and breaks, buy another one.

7. jarroo's lawncare

jarroo's lawncare LawnSite Member

i think that the best mower for the money is a toro recycler, i got mine at home depot. no too expensive and very dependable. guaranteed to start on the first pull for 2 years.

8. SSS 18734

SSS 18734 LawnSite Member

I'm currently using my Toro super recycler 21" to mow 5 yards every week right now. Last summer I used it on about 10 yards weekly for the entire mowing season. Never had a problem with it. The super recyclers are about $500 and can surely be used for light to medium commercial use. You won't get the 5 year warranty with it if you use it commercially, though.

9. jarroo's lawncare

jarroo's lawncare LawnSite Member

they don't have to know what you are using it for.:laugh:just tell them you were mowing your yard at your house and it broke and it shouldn't do that you just use it once a week.

10. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Best part about those toro super recyclers is the replacement engines from small engine warehouse are 100 bucks each plus shipping.