22 or 23 hp exmark?

Discussion in 'eXmark' started by spindle, Mar 6, 2002.

1. spindle

spindle LawnSite Member
    from usa

Hi
    I was at the exmark used mowers for sale site. Inquired about a particular model/unit, and the response i received informed me that the mower for sale actually had a 22 hp motor, not the indicated 23 hp. The individual stated that there was not a box/option for 22hp motors.
    Can this be correct?
    Thank You
    spindle

2. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

spindle:

Is this a 22-hp Liquid-Cooled unit? Is it still listed as a pre-owned unit on our web site? Who is it listed under, or who was it listed under? Is there anything written under the "REMARKS" section stating that it is a 22-hp engine, instead of a 23-hp engine?

I checked and there is a choice for the 22-hp Liquid-Cooled engine, but there is no choice for the 23-hp Liquid-Cooled engine. Maybe he didn't specify that the motor was a liquid-cooled 23-hp engine. When the person who inputs the data saw that there was no choice for a 22-hp air-cooled engine, she might have just selected the 23-hp air-cooled engine instead. I don't know. It's just a guess. Please respond to my questions when you get a chance. You can either create another post or e-mail me at Dustin.Schwab@exmark.com.

Here to help,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support

3. spindle

spindle LawnSite Member
    from usa

Hi Dustin

Here is the link and ad that appeared at exmark's pre-owned web site;

http://www.exmark.com/UsedEquipment.asp

If you search the 'states', it will be Kentucky.
    Here is the ad;
    Model: Lazer Z
    Price: $4,950.00
    Year: 1996
    Deck Size: 60"
    Engine Brand: Kohler
    Engine Horsepower: 23
    Engine Hours: 665

PHILLIPS REPAIR
    602 W MAIN ST
    LEBANON, Kentucky 40033 Telephone: 270-692-9500
    Fax: 270-692-9509
    E-Mail: phillrepair@kih.net

Comments:
    Home owner unit well maintained

Date Updated: 2/25/2002

4. peteloare

peteloare LawnSite Member

Is there any important reason that Exmark went from the 22 hp. to the 27 hp on there Lazer L.C.s?

5. eXmark

eXmark Manufacturer / Sponsor

peteloare:

Actually, we went from the 22-hp liquid-cooled (lc) Kaw. - to the 23-hp lc - to the 27-hp lc unit. Last year we offered the 23-hp and the 27-hp lc Kaw.

The reason we went from the 22/23-hp to the 27-hp lc Kaw. was because the 27-hp lc Kaw. was and still is a superior engine. I really like the 60" 27-hp lc Lazer Z. I've said this before in other posts - The 27-hp lc Kaw. is an engine that just goes out and flat out cuts grass. I don't hear many complaints with the 27, and it's a good value for the power and durability of the machine.

Another reason for dropping the 23-hp lc Kaw. was sales. The 23-hp lc Kaw. didn't really start to sell until we heavily discounted them. As soon as we did this, guys started buying them, and some were even upset when they learned we weren't offering them anymore. If we would have reintroduced them at the original price, I don't think they would have been so upset about us dropping the 23-hp Kaw. If you have any other questions, either create another post or e-mail me at Dustin.Schwab@exmark.com.

Thanks for the question,

Dustin
    Exmark Customer Support